Primer sale on Gun Broker

i see all the crazy prices on gun broker, specifically primers and powder seemingly sold by every day people. How are the products being shipped by a normal every day person? Aren't there federal regulations and licenses required for shipping those items and stiff penalties for not having the licenses? its hard to grasp gambling with jail time for scalping a few extra $$ for these components.

i see all the crazy prices on gun broker, specifically primers and powder seemingly sold by every day people. How are the products being shipped by a normal every day person? Aren't there federal regulations and licenses required for shipping those items and stiff penalties for not having the licenses? its hard to grasp gambling with jail time for scalping a few extra $$ for these components.
None of those sales are by "every day people". Every day people don't have quantities like that laying around. My guess is that most of it is fresh stock coming from manufacturers. And you wonder why the LGS never seems to have anything on the shelf????????????????????

Selling ammo and other product except firearms, if I remember correctly doesn't require a licenses to do so. Only firearms if selling more than yours. Some states require a waiting period an log it and be approved for the sale. Like Mex-lfornia, and a FFL Lic. and few other states. Correctly me, If I am wrong.

Selling ammo and other product except firearms, if I remember correctly doesn't require a licenses to do so. Only firearms if selling more than yours. Some states require a waiting period an log it and be approved for the sale. Like Mex-lfornia, and a FFL Lic. and few other states. Correctly me, If I am wrong.
Selling ammo components and usually ammo is just like firearms only ammo and components is a class 6 ffl. Definition of in the business is just as vague. You might be fine, you might be in trouble. All depends on agents mood and yours. Selling or even giving away reloads without a class6 ffl is a felony.

BTW, some agents will say you are "In the business" for selling only one or two personal arms. Depends on the agent and circumstances. Most likely get off after spending everything you have on a good legal team. Be careful out there guy. Some of them are smelling blood.

Go to the net look it up on ammo sales. Not firearms. Manufacturing is different. No Federal Lic require. Can't sell to anybody that under 18 for rifle and 21 for pistol ammo.

There's another Federal " STUPID".
Most of the popular pistol cartridges are chambered in rifle offerings. All the 22's, 9mm, 357, 44 just to name a few.
So who determines the difference between rifle and pistol ammo and what's legal to sell to who??

Go to the net look it up on ammo sales. Not firearms. Manufacturing is different. No Federal Lic require. Can't sell to anybody that under 18 for rifle and 21 for pistol ammo.
I know what the law says. I used to have a 6 and commercial reloading operation. I'm telling you what an ATF agent told me one day very recently. I am in a gunshop, picked up a stripped lower and some powder. He asked me if I had a class 6 ffl. I told him no. He said I could get in big trouble with the stuff I bought. He said that if I ever sold the gun I was building with the serial numbered lower I bought I could go to jail. This is not an 80%, this is a serial numbered lower with a yellow sheet. He also said anyone buying components could be considered a manufacturer by them and prosecuted without an FFL. What I am warning you is it doesn't matter what the law says. Agents can interpret at their discretion and charge you accordingly. Doesn't mean you will be found guilty and serve time in Federal Prison, but it does mean you can be bankrupted defending yourself. Some of these agents are really great guys, that enjoy our sport as much as we do. There are some out there that look at things completely differently, and don't believe we should have any weapons or ammo. This is not BS. Totally true.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.