Primer sale on Gun Broker

I know what the law says. I used to have a 6 and commercial reloading operation. I'm telling you what an ATF agent told me one day very recently. I am in a gunshop, picked up a stripped lower and some powder. He asked me if I had a class 6 ffl. I told him no. He said I could get in big trouble with the stuff I bought. He said that if I ever sold the gun I was building with the serial numbered lower I bought I could go to jail. This is not an 80%, this is a serial numbered lower with a yellow sheet. He also said anyone buying components could be considered a manufacturer by them and prosecuted without an FFL. What I am warning you is it doesn't matter what the law says. Agents can interpret at their discretion and charge you accordingly. Doesn't mean you will be found guilty and serve time in Federal Prison, but it does mean you can be bankrupted defending yourself. Some of these agents are really great guys, that enjoy our sport as much as we do. There are some out there that look at things completely differently, and don't believe we should have any weapons or ammo. This is not BS. Totally true.
Just to clarify, he said anyone buying components, even for their own use, could be prosecuted?

I know what the law says. I used to have a 6 and commercial reloading operation. I'm telling you what an ATF agent told me one day very recently. I am in a gunshop, picked up a stripped lower and some powder. He asked me if I had a class 6 ffl. I told him no. He said I could get in big trouble with the stuff I bought. He said that if I ever sold the gun I was building with the serial numbered lower I bought I could go to jail. This is not an 80%, this is a serial numbered lower with a yellow sheet. He also said anyone buying components could be considered a manufacturer by them and prosecuted without an FFL. What I am warning you is it doesn't matter what the law says. Agents can interpret at their discretion and charge you accordingly. Doesn't mean you will be found guilty and serve time in Federal Prison, but it does mean you can be bankrupted defending yourself. Some of these agents are really great guys, that enjoy our sport as much as we do. There are some out there that look at things completely differently, and don't believe we should have any weapons or ammo. This is not BS. Totally true.
I have a friend that sells both firearms and ammo and he as a FFL Licenses. The ATF has given him a lot so ****, and they like to make you think that you need a lic. to sell ammo, but you don't. The ATF like to push people around and make them think they need a licenses for the sale of ammo. He went over it with me on what they tried and drop out when the agent finally figure out they didn't know what they were talking about. Just because people are agent of the ATF doesn't mean they fully understand the law either. Hell look at the FBI, they don't know right from wrong either. Hell look at the justice system, and you think they are doing there job correctly. I would say there some crooks in their system too. I know that the ATF doesn't like it when you push back either. Over the years I have noted there is 3 kinds of people. Them that make it happen, Them that watch it happen, and them that wonder what the hell has happen. Like I say go google it up and read it. That will take sometime, to do.

Just to clarify, he said anyone buying components, even for their own use, could be prosecuted?
Yep, notice I said Prosecuted, not Convicted. That's what he said too. Being prosecuted can be nearly as bad both to your reputation and pocketbook. There is a catch though, you cannot obtain a class 6 ffl unless you intend to sell for a profit so that's kinda out. Pretty tough to deal with a government that does not obey the law or applies it differently to different groups of people.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.