Primer pocket uniformer

moosehunter

All righty, just got my new toy in and I'm setting up to play with it. How deep does one make the primer pocket? Or how much recess does a feller want on the primer? I set it for .005 and it just kisses the bottom of once reloaded brass. This sound about right?

I'm not sure about that dimension you posted but if you set it to just "tickle" the brass I'd say you have it right. You may also find with alot of experience it will tell you when you have loaded a little hot. You may go from taking just a tiny bit to taking a few shavings as your loads get hotter. Good luck

MooseHunter,
My uniformer cannot be adjusted but I am trying to think where I seen the info that you are asking. Most of the new cases that I do, the tool will make a nice smooth bottom with nice 90 degree on the wall.
Just do a little at a time untill the bottom is smooth then lock it in place. This would be good for all calibers in rifles. If your primers are still to high then go just a little deeper.

If your still not happy then go this site and as your question-http://www.xtremeaccuracy.com

I set mine up to cut .130" deep,that put's the primer .005" below the case head,wich is the proper depth.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.