Primer pocket truing

I do debur the flash hole and do a quick pocket true on all my brass new or old. More to make sure I don't miss something than to do much other than a basic cleaning. It also provides consistency with my process. In the end, I find that consistency is what allows for the best ammunition output.

I deburr flash holes & uniform pockets on all my LC 1X fired 5.56 brass for consistency. A flash hole that doesn't need it is the exception; pile of brass grit at the base of the tool after 25 cases.

Subjected 200 Peterson cases in 6.5 CM to the deburring tool on my Lyman case prep center. Four or five had slight burrs. Pockets very uniform as well.

Some things, we still get what we pay for.

Absolute precision primer seating depths. Precision rifle shooters know that one of the keys to reducing your extreme velocity spread is to ensure consistent powder ignition. The Primal Rights CPS Tool has a revolutionary adjustable shell holder system which allows you to raise and lower your case in relation to the priming rod. You can seat the primer deeper or shallower in .001" increments.

In order for me to get consistent ignition from my primers I want to have a Flash Hole that is free of any burrs and primer pockets that are consistent in depth & Diameter.

K&M Premium flash hole tools have a carbide cutting head that allow the brass chips to free flow from the cutter which conditions both the diameter of the flash hole and chamfers the flash hole at the case web.

I use a K&M primer pocket correction tool that uses a carbide cutter with a preset depth, ensuring you consistently square the primer pocket bottom.

Then utilizing the Primal Rights CPS Tool I can seat the primer in the case consistently to the same depth in" Uniform Primer Pockets".

I haven't done any professional testing with documentation, but if primer seating depths effect consistent powder ignition, wouldn't having uniform primer pockets effect consistent powder ignition?

Thanks
Len & Jill

For me, fixing a blatant manufacturing error on new Nosler brass and random pieces of other manufacturers. They wouldn't take them back even though I couldn't seat a primer. Randomly, on other brass manufacturers as well. Until ADG, Peterson, Lapua offered brass in chamberings I had, and especially today's availability, you run what you have. If it has pocket issues like this, it must be fixed or you take up knitting for a hobby. I cannot afford to throw away brass if I can fix it easily.

Absolute precision primer seating depths. Precision rifle shooters know that one of the keys to reducing your extreme velocity spread is to ensure consistent powder ignition. The Primal Rights CPS Tool has a revolutionary adjustable shell holder system which allows you to raise and lower your case in relation to the priming rod. You can seat the primer deeper or shallower in .001" increments.

In order for me to get consistent ignition from my primers I want to have a Flash Hole that is free of any burrs and primer pockets that are consistent in depth & Diameter.

K&M Premium flash hole tools have a carbide cutting head that allow the brass chips to free flow from the cutter which conditions both the diameter of the flash hole and chamfers the flash hole at the case web.

I use a K&M primer pocket correction tool that uses a carbide cutter with a preset depth, ensuring you consistently square the primer pocket bottom.

Then utilizing the Primal Rights CPS Tool I can seat the primer in the case consistently to the same depth in" Uniform Primer Pockets".

I haven't done any professional testing with documentation, but if primer seating depths effect consistent powder ignition, wouldn't having uniform primer pockets effect consistent powder ignition?

Thanks
Len & Jill
It's kind of ironic to seat primers with precision seaters, if it doesn't matter, right?