Primary Arms Scope

brandonc46

I was considering picking up a Primary Arms 4-14x44 scope to put on my Remington 700 AAC-SD in .308. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks, Brandon

Hi Brandon,
I have the PA scope and just picked up a used Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16 mildot as well(on this site). I had them out side by side and was surprised by how well the PA compared. It's a bit darker at 14x and doesn't resolve little details as well as the 6500, the turrets are a bit mushy, but all in all, for a $230 dollar scope, it's pretty darn good.
Z

I have a 4X16 Primary arms scope on my GII hunter.
My son bought the same scope about a year ago and it is mounted on a GI hunter.
My sons scope has held up to the recoil of an ar10 platform 308. It is not the brightest scope but it does a good job holding itself together under a semi auto rifle and tracks true through the adjustments.

My scope is basically brand new also with no problems.

I would tell my friends to buy one and I would tell you the same.

Weeping Jesus, I just noticed what an interesting auto-correct my last post was......

Let's try this again:
Been using my PA to shoot to a mile FOR about a year now. If you don't like it, I'd BUY it.

Don't mistake, 14x is definitely not overkill for mag at that distance. The optical quality will easily get you there, unless you have vision issues.
That scope has now endured about 1,000 rounds, a few case head separations, a road trip to Arizona on the floorboards of an Armada, and some general shenanigans involving a four Wheeler tumbling down a hill. Durability isn't a weakness.

Cheers

Weeping Jesus, I just noticed what an interesting auto-correct my last post was......

Let's try this again:
Been using my PA to shoot to a mile FOR about a year now. If you don't like it, I'd BUY it.

Don't mistake, 14x is definitely not overkill for mag at that distance. The optical quality will easily get you there, unless you have vision issues.
That scope has now endured about 1,000 rounds, a few case head separations, a road trip to Arizona on the floorboards of an Armada, and some general shenanigans involving a four Wheeler tumbling down a hill. Durability isn't a weakness.

Cheers

Good to know its durable...and it sounds like you had some fun finding that out:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.