primary arms 4-14

kimba

I had a friend sell me his slightly used Grendel barrel so did a somewhat low cost build. I had an old bushnell elite scope that was 6-18 that I was going to use but the turrets got fubar and had to poopcan it. I could not afford a high end scope so was looking around and found the primary arms ffp 4-14 with acss reticule. I looked at a bunch of reviews and decided to try it. I got it the other day and must say it is decent. The glass is as advertised and expected given where it was made. Construction is good and solid. If had nice knobs that feel smooth. The windage turret is a bit firmer click than the elevation, but both are better than say the bush 223 ar or 308 turrets. I love the reticule!. Looking at ballistic prog using the 123 amax at 2600 fps that I am running out of the 24" barrel, it is just about spot on with the bdc markings. I love the horseshoe reticule and illumination with the chevron aim point. I am going to test it out Sun, but box test reviews showed good tracking and mil dots on reticule as well as .1 mil clicks for a mil/mil solution.

Granted, it is not up to high end in terms of fully multi coating and brightness, but it does compare decently to my zeiss3-9 at comp magnifications at night. This rifle is a 700 and under hunting rifle build, so no need for bright 22x scope.

I got the pA ar basic mound and it too is solid. Completed it with the PA sun tube for only $19 additional. It looks good and feels good. I will update with a shooting review soon.

I have the mildot version on a Varmin gun and really like it...turrets are solid, the glass is reasonable and the price was right.
z

I took it to range and it seemed to work well on the Grendel. Clarity was good and zero easy once I properly torqued the mount bolt lol. I could not do much as I went to the damned public range instead of blm land, but will stretch it out soon. No complaints here so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.