Price of factory Ammo

i finally bought some 6.5 grendel at my favorite local gun store yesterday. hornady 123 gr SST was the only flavor they had, but they had a bunch. i bet there were probably 30 boxes on the shelf. only $29.99 a box which isnt far off of where it was before covid.

meanwhile, midway has it for $44.99 a box. after $12.55 in shipping and NC sales tax, you're talking over $60 for a box of ammo.

i like midway, but crap like that makes me not want to shop there anymore. they are obviously charging more because they can. if the stand alone brick and mortar, mom and pop store in a local town can sell it for $30 then uncle larry should be able to sell it for even less.

here's a link:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001707280?pid=820397
I only shop at midway when I absolutely have to for several years now

I only shop at midway when I absolutely have to for several years now
i havent bought anything from them since may of this year. you can get special discounts on your birthday so i got a new shooting mat and a rear bag for about 50% off and free shipping i think. before that, i hadnt bought anything from them in years. it's probably going to stay that way now.

5.56 Ammo is coming down. Now around $0.47 per round. Still to high. Some are still away above that, but it's coming down. I wonder where the powder and primers are at.

I did some purchasing in year before this problem came about. I was paying about $0. 24 per round of 5.56 ammo. The next year it when to $0.28 per round. The following year it when to $2.00 per round. I was in a store in Montana just before 5.56 got really high. This person purchase about 15 barrel to 5.56 ammo. That's one hell of a lot of ammo. So the rest of us will have to wait while the gouging goes on. I got some 22 ammo at $0.04 per round, now it's $0.40 per round, but it's coming down. To me its' just away to gauge the market. Hammer bullets are special make and I believe that there costs are needed. No complains on that, but Nosler and others adjusted there prices up on there bullets. I don't see that kind of cost increase either. My rifles don' have the twist rate needed to use an all copper bullet effectively. I will have one rifle that has the twist coming, and I am looking forward to using Hammer bullets. I have some on hand and going to get some more too. I going kept watching and running the numbers on there ammo. I will put my hand up when it comes down.

I see that Brownell is putting up a barrel (14,000 rounds) of 5.56 as a give away this month. So ammo is coming back. Prices are dropping a little at a time, but coming down. Stay smart and don't buy if not needed. Let them sit on them. it will get back down to $0.24 to $0.28 per round. The other ammo will follow that line of decreases too.

Another sweepstakes that entry is complete identity waiting to be grabbed. Why do they need DOB? Only necessary IF you win and can be verified then. Heck, check box over 18! So now they have a database with name, DOB that is another potential risk to be hacked. I know, don't enter. Which is exactly what I don't do. Tough enough to guard you personal data. They are using a company Gleam IO:
Gleam.io - The Growth Marketing Platform Author Stuart McKeown Gleam is a marketing platform that helps you run campaigns that help users engage and promote your business.

So the data is not even on Brownells platform but 3rd party marketing company. This info will prob be sold to who knows where. Yep, I feel safe it being there.