Price of factory Ammo

Now the Christmas is coming on, and Black Friday sales. The pricing in 5.56 ammo hasn't changed much, and some are higher a bit. It will be interesting to see what happen as we get closer to the end of the year, and just after.

I am doing my part in bringing down prices! I am NOT buying anything that I don't absolutely need! I have had enough to load any hunting rifle I have for hunting needs since the Barack years! My only recreational shooting now is 12gauge shotgun!
If we all stop rushing the stores to buy anything the put up for sale at any price, prices will drop! Basic supply/demand principles!

CTD used to be reasonable many years ago. Now they are gouging and I will never do business with them again. I've seen reasonable prices in 556 recently at different places. Powder has started to come back in stock to some degree in the past week. This is encouraging. In my area reloading supplies are very scarce. Hazmat shipping fees definitely hurt.

CTD used to be reasonable many years ago. Now they are gouging and I will never do business with them again. I've seen reasonable prices in 556 recently at different places. Powder has started to come back in stock to some degree in the past week. This is encouraging. In my area reloading supplies are very scarce. Hazmat shipping fees definitely hurt.
i stopped dealing with CTD after sandy hook. i saw a few black friday deals for 5.56 that was .50-.55 cents a round. not bad but it should be .25-.30. i'm still not buying anything unless my local gun shop has it priced decently. i think i've bought 2 boxes since the pandemic started in march of 20.

Components are still hard to come by. Scheel was and is high on their primers if they have any left. They were about $150.00 per th. My time at the range has been cut greatly, because of what's been going on. I feel that 5.56 ammo will come down greatly after the first of the year, if people need any. I know that some of our powders come from overseas. So the shipping problem is probable causing problem in getting supplies. I had to laugh at Lying Dumb Bast**d Biden was going to stop the shipping problem, Get trucks to handle the containers. It's a year to get a new tractor from manufactures. I know I have one on order. Mex-lifornia you can't use a truck older than 3 years there. I don't thing that state will ever wakeup. Why I on 5.56 ammo is because it was about $0.28 per round, and got so high as $2.00 per round a year ago. So I kind use that as a scale on what's going on in pricing or ammo. The other is 22 ammo was about $0.4 per round and now $0.40 or more round.

the lesson is, stock up during the good years. everytime i'd go to bass pro or cabelas, i'd buy 2-3 boxes of 5.56 at $5-$6 a box and a box of 9mm at $9-$10 a box. you build up a decent stash that way. my range time has been cut as well though. i'll only shoot a mag of 9mm and 5-10 rounds of rifle ammo.

I understand stocking up. I do that all the time. I watch for sales on all items as I shop on the net or in a store. I do the math on item and retain it in my mind or put the info down on my lab top. I did some purchase 4 years ago on 5.56 ammo @ $0.24 per round. The next year @ $0.28 per round. In 2020 the same ammo was for sale @ $2.00 per round. Presently it now at a price range of $0. 65 to $0.75 per round. In my estimation it's still out of sight. The suppliers feel they can get away with charging high prices, and think people are stupid and fall it. I watch the prices! I have found that after Christmas and in the new year there a drop in prices for awhile.
I have purchase primers in Calif for $45.00 for 1th, and at Scheel in Missoula Mt they were asking $145.00 per 1th the same primers in the last few months. Needless I didn't the primers @ Scheel. They are sold out now and were shortly after opening up.

Winchester USA 5.56mm M855 NATO Ammo 62 Grain Green Tip FMJ 150 Rounds 82.79 with membership free ship at Target Sports. In Stock.

i'm with you, i'm not paying .65 cents plus per round - it's ridiculous. If i find some for $40-.45 i might be tempted. but i'm not paying those prices. i have enough saved up to wait them out. if we can get a pro-american president into the oval office in '24, maybe prices will come back. i dont see it happening with basement biden around though.

Blaming high ammo prices and shortages of components on Biden is stupid as hell. But then again, the same people that believe that also believe that Covid is a hoax and the election was "stolen." So there you go.

Blaming high ammo prices and shortages of components on Biden is stupid as hell. But then again, the same people that believe that also believe that Covid is a hoax and the election was "stolen." So there you go.
he's not the sole reason, but he and his cronies are part of it. pair the current supply chain delays with the early covid panic buying, shutdowns and this is what you get. biden is president so he's in charge. the supply chain issues are on him. if he didnt need 16 hours of sleep a day, maybe he could figure a way out of the mess. if covid never happened and biden still won last year, i think there would still be a spike in sales and components might be harder to find. democrats want to ban guns, they've said it so it makes people nervous.

covid is not a hoax, i know people that have gotten it. plus i'm vaccinated. if i thought it wasnt real i wouldnt have gotten the vaccine. the disease is a lot more of an issue for some people than others, mainly people over 65 and people with underlying health issues.

what's stupid as hell is you and people like you. people can't just have an opinion on something. if we disagree on something, i'm automatically with the other side and assume all of their beliefs.

HR 1207 or "Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2021".

Is this what is in the future?...the libs are trying, once again, to exploit a crisis.

IMO, the new normal is not going to be exactly normal...for us.
That's because we need to take back what is considered normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seen it over the years. I can remember AR-15 going for $2,500.00+ for awhile, then drop to about $700.00. If remember correctly H1000 comes from overseas suppliers. As I close my email. It ends in "LDBB" Lying Dumb Bast**d Binden.

i finally bought some 6.5 grendel at my favorite local gun store yesterday. hornady 123 gr SST was the only flavor they had, but they had a bunch. i bet there were probably 30 boxes on the shelf. only $29.99 a box which isnt far off of where it was before covid.

meanwhile, midway has it for $44.99 a box. after $12.55 in shipping and NC sales tax, you're talking over $60 for a box of ammo.

i like midway, but crap like that makes me not want to shop there anymore. they are obviously charging more because they can. if the stand alone brick and mortar, mom and pop store in a local town can sell it for $30 then uncle larry should be able to sell it for even less.

here's a link:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001707280?pid=820397