Price of factory Ammo

Was at Bass Pro a couple weeks ago. They had a whole mess of primers in stock, but I really only need magnum rifle primers now, and the MR ones they had were bench rest primers for I think it was $105 a brick. I have a few mag primers, and I am starting to feel good that things will be back to normal soon, so I walked away.

I can't wait for primers to be abundant on the shelves again. Paying hazmat really gets old and sucks
Yesterday the owner of my lgs said there was a company in Texas that was gearing up to make primers, and nothing else. Don't know if this is 100% fact or just something he heard but if it is true I hope they flood the market and we see all primers are back to normal.

Well back to the 5.56 rounds. They are down to $.60 per round now. It was $2.00 per round in Oct 2020 or so last year. Prices keeps coming down. When they get to $.30 per round then they are back in the ballpark.

Just looked @ Cheaper than Dirt. 22 ammo for .40 per round for a box of 250. A special and that not for top quality ammo either. Ya! jump right out there and get screwed. It should be somewhere under $.06 per round at the most for 500. Do the math.

Can you believe the prices that companies are trying to get for factory ammo. I just looked at Cheaper than dirt for 5.56 ammo. They want $300.00 for 200 rounds. What do they think. we are stupid? I will stop doing business with companies that are doing this. It's bulls**t. Last year you could get 1000 rounds for under $300.00 including shipping.
Right now traditional factory ammo in that caliber is between 30 and 50 cents a round. $1.50 not me. I stopped doing business with that outfit when Obama was elected

I paid $100 +$25 haz mat for a brick on Gun Broker a couple months ago.Large Rifle primers.
All it did was save me driving to Stevensville,Mt (75 miles) where I would have paid the same.
$12.50 per 100

I bought a brick of FM210 for $69.99 couple weeks ago at a LGS. He is out now but he didn't bend his customers over with sand.

Big box stores don't seem to jack up their prices. If you think they are, its probably because they are paying more for it so they have to mark it up. They have a standard markup and they won't change it regardless. I imagine LGS is that way. When Academy Sports has ammo on the shelves, its at reasonable prices. I have bought a bunch of 9mm at pre-pandemic prices in the last month. Walmart doesn't gouge either when they have something on the shelves. Its their standard markup. Some places just naturally gouge. I know its not premium ammo but take remington corelokt for instance. A box of 270 win can range anywhere from $18 to $45 a box depending on who you get it from and thats pre-pandemic. Some businesses have a standard markup of 100% so if they are paying $50 a brick for primers, they are going to ask $100 and some won't hesitate to mark it up more. There used to be a sporting goods store a long time ago that I used to go to. They had a really nice fishing rod for $40 (long time ago) on the rack. I was going to buy it but they were having a big 50% off tent sale the next week and I decided to wait to see if it would be on sale. I came back the next week and sure enough, it was on sale in the tent and it was listed at $80 and on sale for 50% off. They don't exist anymore.

Here the other month I got a brick or Rem 9 1/2 primes from a new Sportsmen's Warehouse for less than $40.00. Not that I am big fan of Rem primers, but load development I feel it's worth a look at to see if anything changes in grouping with that primer or velocity. I generally us Fed 210 primers in most of my reloading for rifles. I have CCI match primers and some mag primers in Federal too. Federal Match primers also. I've never a big fan of Mag Primers, but my powders loads are generally at 75grs or less and my barrels are mostly 26"
The bottom line is I see 22 LR @ $0.40 per round in lots of 250 or plus. I feel that it's just taking people. It doesn't cost that much to build a 22 round. the range should be somewhere around $0.04 per round. In 2019 I pay less than that for 22's.
Powder hasn't gone up that much unless buying from a gouger. I know with this lack of supplies for reloading has made me slow down on my shooting. I only presently shoot pat loads from my rifles to check for zero. I don't want to over stock either.