Price of factory Ammo

Yesterday, my LGS just got in a couple of dozen boxes of 50 rounds....38 SPL and 9 mm self defense. Price is $75/box or $1.50/round. They had self defense rounds of same in 20/box @ $2/round.
FWIW: You only need 1 round if you are a good shot or two if you believe my county's CCW qualifications requirements.
They have not been able to get any target ammo. More profits for the manufacturers for self defense?
Glad I reload although I did buy a box of each for my CCW firearms. Don't want the lawyers to think I am a gun nut and reload "killer' rounds. LOL
Oh, yes....primers...my LGS owner has even taken down his 'primers' shelf since he cannot get any.

5.56 ammo has come down from $2 to about $1.50 around now. Two years ago it was about $.30 per round. They are offering clips with the ammo now too. I am hoping everybody is getting a little smarter and holding up there buying factory ammo. It's forcing the prices to come down. Hold your horses it's coming down.

Its the American way,supply and demand.
I hate the gougers as bad as anyone and won't pay $20. a 100 for primers(Gun Broker)
There is a shop in the Bitterroot Valley that has primers for $125 a brick,don't know where they get them or what they pay.

They found the saturation point locally. You can now get primers here for $.10/ea. Three times what they are worth, but they are available now. You can get 9MM 115gr fmj for about $.60/ea and .556 for $.70/ea. This seems to be the limit for what people around here will pay for this stuff. It will sell at pretty much normal rates at these prices, any more and it sits, less and its gone.

Based on talking and ordering from the manufacturers directly the issue is great demand matched with low supply of inputs. Brass, powder, primers, ect are backed up. I would assume the cost of these components are climbing as well due to demand and covid. Its the perfect storm. I'm sure that manufacturers are taking advantage to raise price but I do believe some of it is out of necessity just to make a profit.

Just look at an add from Cheaper than Dirt. 22 LR ammo from $0.30 to $0.50 per round in lots of 250 to 500. Hell of a deal. I hope everybody doesn't jump at once. Ha!Ha!

Just look at an add from Cheaper than Dirt. 22 LR ammo from $0.30 to $0.50 per round in lots of 250 to 500. Hell of a deal. I hope everybody doesn't jump at once. Ha!Ha!
I bought .22 LR at a local store here in Montana for .08 cents a round two weeks ago. Shop around. 406muley

Been looking at email adds as of late, and the prices of 5.56 ammo has dropped from $2.00 per round from last year to a $1.00 per round presently. Still about $0.72 a round to high. I feel they are not moving much of the ammo. Keep watching. I feel for people that are having to purchase ammo at extreme prices. If will come down!

Like I said they had there prices to $2.00 per round. Now its down to about a $1.00 round for 5.56 ammo. Still to high. It's coming down, and if people are smart they won't buy them yet. It will take awhile, but in about 6 months the price is cut in half. Midway and other are sending out on the net. (Get a screwing) buy now.

i've had luck with my LGS. $25 for 20 rounds of 6.5 creedmoor. that's about what it was before all this covid panic started. i was done with CTD after the 2013 panic. at the gun show a couple weeks ago, dudes were selling 333 round bricks of .22lr for $80. 1000 rounds of 5.56 for $950.....but they came with an ammo can!!!!! i couldnt fill up my truck bed fast enough.

i've had luck with my LGS. $25 for 20 rounds of 6.5 creedmoor. that's about what it was before all this covid panic started. i was done with CTD after the 2013 panic. at the gun show a couple weeks ago, dudes were selling 333 round bricks of .22lr for $80. 1000 rounds of 5.56 for $950.....but they came with an ammo can!!!!! i couldnt fill up my truck bed fast enough.
You paid way to much for that. Before all this Covid 5.56 was about $280.00 per 1000. Ammo can about $15.00. So you fell into their trap. it was $2,000.00 for a 1000 round last Nov 2020. So the prices are coming down. To BAD, To BAD. I am not getting on your case, but pointing out where it should be. I have seen it under a $0.90 here lately. So hold your money for now, and don't play there game.

Ammo is really priced way too high, but nothing compared to lumber !! Don't even go to the Home Depot or Lowe's. You won't believe the prices there either.