Price of factory Ammo

You paid way to much for that. Before all this Covid 5.56 was about $280.00 per 1000. Ammo can about $15.00. So you fell into their trap. it was $2,000.00 for a 1000 round last Nov 2020. So the prices are coming down. To BAD, To BAD. I am not getting on your case, but pointing out where it should be. I have seen it under a $0.90 here lately. So hold your money for now, and don't play there game.
don't worry Mike, i definitely did not buy any 5.56 for $950. it's hard to project sarcasm on these forums. i was buying 5.56 back when it was $250-$300 for 1000 rounds or even less if i bought steel case.

Ammo is really priced way too high, but nothing compared to lumber !! Don't even go to the Home Depot or Lowe's. You won't believe the prices there either.
i paid $14.97 for two 2x4x93's at lowes yesterday. some liquor is cheaper than that.

don't worry Mike, i definitely did not buy any 5.56 for $950. it's hard to project sarcasm on these forums. i was buying 5.56 back when it was $250-$300 for 1000 rounds or even less if i bought steel case.

i paid $14.97 for two 2x4x93's at lowes yesterday. some liquor is cheaper than that.
That price doesn't seem out of line. I think they are at least twice that here in South La. A sheet of 3/8" plywood is darn near $50.

CTD and others are the reason that I buy from LGS as much as I can even if it is a bit higher since they haven't funded their Inter-coastal Home with their pricing like CTD and others. They even had Fed 215 primers but limit to 2 sleeves at $5.95 each which isn't really that bad. They are not gouging just trying to spread around the supply to their customer base. Primarily to keep someone from buying 20K primers. They even told me several calls ended up badly since the so called buyers were furious they wouldn't sell them as much as they wanted which was at least 10K primers. Powder just starting to show up and at decent prices and not at scalper CTD prices. I have enough primers to get by, enough powder if I don't go crazy and enough bullets thanks to Hammer! Can't shoot anyway with shoulder recovering from surgery. The only web place I frequent and purchase is Nachez if I need something LGS cannot provide.

CTD and others are the reason that I buy from LGS as much as I can even if it is a bit higher since they haven't funded their Inter-coastal Home with their pricing like CTD and others. They even had Fed 215 primers but limit to 2 sleeves at $5.95 each which isn't really that bad. They are not gouging just trying to spread around the supply to their customer base. Primarily to keep someone from buying 20K primers. They even told me several calls ended up badly since the so called buyers were furious they wouldn't sell them as much as they wanted which was at least 10K primers. Powder just starting to show up and at decent prices and not at scalper CTD prices. I have enough primers to get by, enough powder if I don't go crazy and enough bullets thanks to Hammer! Can't shoot anyway with shoulder recovering from surgery. The only web place I frequent and purchase is Nachez if I need something LGS cannot provide.
You and me both on shoulders. How your shoulder doing. This is my second one, so both have been replaced now. I am about 8 weeks into this one. Still tight, but getting there. Don't push it, it will come along.
I had gotten 8lbs of H4350, and now 8lbs of H4831SC. Thing still seem to be in short supply on powders, primers, brass.

Mike: shoulder coming along great. 9 weeks post and have full rotation, working in strength but still cannot sleep in bed🤬. Time will help fix that....I hope! The problem I now have is I cannot get artificial shoulder due to some tendon issues. So hopefully I can protect this one for rest of time. Dang body warranty is expired!

found this on the internet-

Cheaper Than Dirt. They are an outlier. They used to have brick and mortar stores here in Texas. In a previous rush, they had sold, and received full payment for, a lot of AR15s. When the ARs came in, the stores cancelled the orders and refunded the payments. Then they offered the very same guns to the very same buyers at double+ the agreed price. This was an arm's length agreement, a contract of an offer, and payment in acceptance of that offer - and this was related to me by one of those very buyers. It seems CTD reneged on their half of that contract, then tried to gouge the buyers. They also jacked prices of ammo they had already on the shelves by double or triple. Boxes one day marked $10 were the next day marked almost $30. You could (and I did, personally) see the old price tags. Very soon after that they had to shutter the brick & mortar stores. People just quit doing business with them. They went entirely online.

They have yet to mend their ways, so the Governor of Texas is suing them, *** we speak, for gouging.

They all jacked their prices up. I was getting 5.56 ammo @$300.00 per thousand. Then the price jump to $2,000.00 per thousand. Now it's about $670.00 per thousand. Still way to high. The good thing is I believe people have either slowed down on there purchases and the price is falling. I feel it will get back to the old prices or close too here later on this year. Cheaper than dirty was one of the them that jack their prices up. The others is the other net supplies did the same thing.
At the same time I was in a sporting good store last year. That somebody was purchasing 13 barrels of 5.56 ammo. Those barrels hold somewhere around 12,500 rounds each. That person clean out the store. Somebody had a very deep pocket.

I haven't purchase any 5.56 ammo in 2 years. I won't until the price gets back down to where is should be.

I was at the local Academy yesterday. Asking price for 20/rd box of 5.56/.223 is $12.99. Pre scamdemic I could by at my LGS for $6.97 a box of 20 rounds. They are limiting purchases to 4 per person per day. Of course that never deters anyone who brings their entire family in to buy four boxes each.

Ammo is coming down. Can be purchased in larger amounts, it's is about $.68 per round. When it gets back to about $0.30 or so per round. Then it's back to old prices. Two years ago it was $0.24 per round. I have watch the larger stores or suppliers, have been moving there prices up and down some. Mostly down, and trying to say it's a great price. I feel that they aren't selling much. About 9 months ago, 5.56 were at $2.00 per round (that $40.00 for 20 rounds). I would just wait unless you really need some.
I won't pay higher prices either. They can sit on them. Fair is Fair and people know what that is.