Price of factory Ammo

epags

Yesterday, my LGS just got in a couple of dozen boxes of 50 rounds....38 SPL and 9 mm self defense. Price is $75/box or $1.50/round. They had self defense rounds of same in 20/box @ $2/round.
FWIW: You only need 1 round if you are a good shot or two if you believe my county's CCW qualifications requirements.
They have not been able to get any target ammo. More profits for the manufacturers for self defense?
Glad I reload although I did buy a box of each for my CCW firearms. Don't want the lawyers to think I am a gun nut and reload "killer' rounds. LOL
Oh, yes....primers...my LGS owner has even taken down his 'primers' shelf since he cannot get any.

Mike Matteson

5.56 ammo has come down from $2 to about $1.50 around now. Two years ago it was about $.30 per round. They are offering clips with the ammo now too. I am hoping everybody is getting a little smarter and holding up there buying factory ammo. It's forcing the prices to come down. Hold your horses it's coming down.

Husky user

Its the American way,supply and demand.
I hate the gougers as bad as anyone and won't pay $20. a 100 for primers(Gun Broker)
There is a shop in the Bitterroot Valley that has primers for $125 a brick,don't know where they get them or what they pay.

Orange Dust

They found the saturation point locally. You can now get primers here for $.10/ea. Three times what they are worth, but they are available now. You can get 9MM 115gr fmj for about $.60/ea and .556 for $.70/ea. This seems to be the limit for what people around here will pay for this stuff. It will sell at pretty much normal rates at these prices, any more and it sits, less and its gone.

-JoeDirt-

Based on talking and ordering from the manufacturers directly the issue is great demand matched with low supply of inputs. Brass, powder, primers, ect are backed up. I would assume the cost of these components are climbing as well due to demand and covid. Its the perfect storm. I'm sure that manufacturers are taking advantage to raise price but I do believe some of it is out of necessity just to make a profit.

Mike Matteson

Its the American way,supply and demand.
I hate the gougers as bad as anyone and won't pay $20. a 100 for primers(Gun Broker)
There is a shop in the Bitterroot Valley that has primers for $125 a brick,don't know where they get them or what they pay.
Me too!

Mike Matteson

Just look at an add from Cheaper than Dirt. 22 LR ammo from $0.30 to $0.50 per round in lots of 250 to 500. Hell of a deal. I hope everybody doesn't jump at once. Ha!Ha!

406muley

Just look at an add from Cheaper than Dirt. 22 LR ammo from $0.30 to $0.50 per round in lots of 250 to 500. Hell of a deal. I hope everybody doesn't jump at once. Ha!Ha!
I bought .22 LR at a local store here in Montana for .08 cents a round two weeks ago. Shop around. 406muley

Mike Matteson

Been looking at email adds as of late, and the prices of 5.56 ammo has dropped from $2.00 per round from last year to a $1.00 per round presently. Still about $0.72 a round to high. I feel they are not moving much of the ammo. Keep watching. I feel for people that are having to purchase ammo at extreme prices. If will come down!

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts