Price Gougers

Ckgworks - I was lurking on this site since 2015, that's when I started shooting longer ranges. BUT I joined in 2018 (because I retired) and now have more "free time" to enjoy the site. Since retiring I spend WAY too much time on here, but most of my interactions are PM's. The reason I do PM's? Because I don't want to get hammered for my opinion if if disagrees with an expert😀

So I personally don't have tons of messages, however, I do try to contribute if a member has encountered something I've been through and I can provide advice. (I'm still learning every time I go shoot) My point being, number of messages don't create value IMO

But I enjoy this site more than others👍

Agree, Azhtr......I know there are some guys like you and it wasn't my intention to roll you under my statement.....Nor do I believe it was the sellers intention. I cannot speak for the seller, but I believe he did this to avoid people signing up to take advantage of sellers being "nice". I sell a bit on the internet through auction sites. And I can tell you there has been many items listed on here that I could have doubled my money on in one day, maybe trippled it if I wanted to wait a week or so. I have not done this because I feel that this is a pretty neat community Len has set up, and I would like to believe most on here would help me if I needed something they could spare......Kind of a kin to taking a BM in your own bed. Like wise, I think when I sell stuff here I try to be fair.....I can't afford to take a beating on stuff, but I'd rather see it go to someone here than someone who will resell.
I think most here feel the same about losing the sense of community where people are looking out and helping each other. This is the only online forum that I spend anytime on......and I know this is only due to the members here. Thanks Len and all members!

Just like dealing with a kid who wants attention, the best thing to do is ignore the classifieds posts with high prices. If nobody replies to the posts, the high price posters will eventually go away.

I don't want anyone telling me what to do with my things or my money, I'm not going to be hypocritical and tell someone what to do with theirs.

Just an alternate view.

Gouging normally refers to life saving items. Water, medicine, gasoline,food.

Reloading tends to be a hobby for most people as far as I can tell. For some it could be essential but for most it's a hobby.
No different than going to a concert, sports event, or even the super bowl for those that are willing to pay gougingly high prices.

How do you justify calling high reloading prices gouging? It's just a hobby gents. Cut back on shooting, buy a bit more when it cheaper.
Prices are always going up regardless. Take a look at the price you paid for some old ammo you bought 20 years ago for a fraction of what it sells for now.

I get it, you got caught short handed when the crunch hit. But it's hit numerous times now. We have all been through these cycles time and time again. Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me.

Let the stoning officially begin. :)

This is how one post's in question started

I have an Remington lss in 375 RUM, with dies brass and bullets for reloading. I know this is not gunbroker but a used one sold for $3550.

Would sell shipped in hard case for $3,000
I think what some members are missing is that there are a lot of members that have been on this forum for many, many years and treat everyone like family. I agree with Beans frustration. We should be helping each other out in times like this not trying to take advantage of a situation. When I see a "Want to Buy" thread and I have items that I really don't need to hold on to, I PM them w/ a tax free price of either what I paid for it or the average going price from Grafs, Powder Valley, and Midway. But they get to pay the freight. There are a lot of good people on this forum and it feels like family to me MOST of the time. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Rhett

Ckgworks - I was lurking on this site since 2015, that's when I started shooting longer ranges. BUT I joined in 2018 (because I retired) and now have more "free time" to enjoy the site. Since retiring I spend WAY too much time on here, but most of my interactions are PM's. The reason I do PM's? Because I don't want to get hammered for my opinion if if disagrees with an expert😀

So I personally don't have tons of messages, however, I do try to contribute if a member has encountered something I've been through and I can provide advice. (I'm still learning every time I go shoot) My point being, number of messages don't create value IMO

But I enjoy this site more than others👍

I can vouch for this. @AZHTR is a stand up guy thats willing to help no strings attached. Wish there were more people like him.

It is only fair to ask for what you paid for.

I have seen quite a few members selling bullets for what they are going for now, 30% higher in some cases instead of what they paid for them, just because they have them available and some businesses don't.

@Muddyboots example is another case of taking care of a brother.

We have at least four years of crap and uncertainty to deal with and having each others backs is what matters.

As @ButterBean mentioned, even though he is just an "average" hunter 😏, lets just look away. Besides, Karma will sort things out.

Stay safe all and God bless.

Just an alternate view.

Gouging normally refers to life saving items. Water, medicine, gasoline,food.

Reloading tends to be a hobby for most people as far as I can tell. For some it could be essential but for most it's a hobby.
No different than going to a concert, sports event, or even the super bowl for those that are willing to pay gougingly high prices.

How do you justify calling high reloading prices gouging? It's just a hobby gents. Cut back on shooting, buy a bit more when it cheaper.
Prices are always going up regardless. Take a look at the price you paid for some old ammo you bought 20 years ago for a fraction of what it sells for now.

I get it, you got caught short handed when the crunch hit. But it's hit numerous times now. We have all been through these cycles time and time again. Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me.

Let the stoning officially begin. :)
[h3][/h3]Gouging normally refers to life saving items. Water, medicine, gasoline,food

Definition of gouge

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: a chisel with a concavo-convex cross section
2a: the act of gouging
b: a groove or cavity scooped out
3: an excessive or improper charge for something : EXTORTION

Nowhere does it refer to life saving items,When your trying to make a profit off of like minded people who for the most part treat each other like family, call it gouging, good business or what ever else you want, it's wrong, I don't know how folks sleep at night and I have added you to my list, Have a good day

I'm not the owner either or pretending to be, Len has been very good to me and I mean no disrespect and I will abide by his rules, It just pains me to see this site starting to look like all the others
Yep. Cost of a membership should be much higher to those that want to line their pockets with profits from other members. Especially when they ONLY sell here and aren't here for actual forum discussion.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.