• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

PRICE DROP 1909 Argentin Mauser Action

It is a large ring Mauser. It is the same size action as the gew 98 German mauser. If you look at the pictures, you can see that the front receiver ring is larger than the rest of the receiver. The small ring Mauser don't have this step up in size on the front receiver ring. The small ring Mauser's front receiver ring is the same size as the rest of the receiver. The 1891 Argentine Mauser is a small ring but the 1909 is a large ring built off the Mauser model 98. All Mauser 98's have a box magazine. What makes this one so desirable is the fact that the floor plate is hinged instead of removable like all other model 98 military actions. Because of this the gunsmith does not have to build a hinge and lock for the floor plate saving a lot of time and money. This action can also be built into a magnum. Many of these actions have been built into magnum rifles. It requires opening the bolt face, work on the extractor, and work to the feed lips and mag follower.

I love the 1909 Argentines! I have built several rifles with Mauser actions. Your pictures show a lot of machine work already done and the action looks very very good. I know you said minor pitting and I must agree as I can't see any. Most all Mausers because of age will have some pitting but they usually can be removed without weakening the action. Yes, they are sought after! The pre 64 Winchesters and these Mausers are at the top of custom builders list of actions to build on. I believe your original price is very fair. Whoever gets this one will have a winner winner! You might look for another web site to advertise it,too. I hope this helps you find a buyer, it needs a good home!

Thank you very much sir.
I love the 1909 Argentines! I have built several rifles with Mauser actions. Your pictures show a lot of machine work already done and the action looks very very good. I know you said minor pitting and I must agree as I can't see any. Most all Mausers because of age will have some pitting but they usually can be removed without weakening the action. Yes, they are sought after! The pre 64 Winchesters and these Mausers are at the top of custom builders list of actions to build on. I believe your original price is very fair. Whoever gets this one will have a winner winner! You might look for another web site to advertise it,too. I hope this helps you find a buyer, it needs a