Pressure signs with a mechanical ejector?

Mike Matteson

H1000 isn't a faster powders, it's on the slower side of things and dam hard to come by presently. I stand corrected on powders for Hammer absolute bullets. I haven't had a chance to use Hammer bullets yet, do to what rifles I presently shoot with slower twists. I have one coming that is a much faster twist, and planning on using Hammer Hunter bullet for it. I have a order for Petersons cases, and looking for H1000 powder, and couple of others. A little more updating my reloading equipment and I will be there.
Generally once I get a load that is doing what I expect out of it, I stay with that load in that rifle. Only when I get a new rifle I explore with, Powder, Primers, bullets, until achieving what I am looking for. I stay with that make up of the cartridge and make up from the on.

Shane Lindsey

Reviving this. Did you ever figure this out. I get these marks on lower end charges as well. I love this action, but not sure I love this pressure issue on low end charge weights/velocities.

I am no where close to what Berger gave me charge and velocity wise. There data is usually pretty conservative.

slickyboyboo

Reviving this. Did you ever figure this out. I get these marks on lower end charges as well. I love this action, but not sure I love this pressure issue on low end charge weights/velocities.

I am no where close to what Berger gave me charge and velocity wise. There data is usually pretty conservative.

I talked with Peterson about the marks on the brass, and they said that it didn't look to be an issue. That said I switched from SW Precision to IMR 4064, and the marks disappeared, so who knows. Switching to the faster powder gained me 95 fps, and the ejector marks went away.

Shane Lindsey

I have not been thrilled with SWP either. Fast pressure, slow velocities...But it was available...

Do you get any of these marks anymore? I get them with lower velocities. Very faint, but still there.

Recent Posts