Pressure signs with a mechanical ejector?

H1000 isn't a faster powders, it's on the slower side of things and dam hard to come by presently. I stand corrected on powders for Hammer absolute bullets. I haven't had a chance to use Hammer bullets yet, do to what rifles I presently shoot with slower twists. I have one coming that is a much faster twist, and planning on using Hammer Hunter bullet for it. I have a order for Petersons cases, and looking for H1000 powder, and couple of others. A little more updating my reloading equipment and I will be there.
Generally once I get a load that is doing what I expect out of it, I stay with that load in that rifle. Only when I get a new rifle I explore with, Powder, Primers, bullets, until achieving what I am looking for. I stay with that make up of the cartridge and make up from the on.

Reviving this. Did you ever figure this out. I get these marks on lower end charges as well. I love this action, but not sure I love this pressure issue on low end charge weights/velocities.

I am no where close to what Berger gave me charge and velocity wise. There data is usually pretty conservative.

Reviving this. Did you ever figure this out. I get these marks on lower end charges as well. I love this action, but not sure I love this pressure issue on low end charge weights/velocities.

I am no where close to what Berger gave me charge and velocity wise. There data is usually pretty conservative.

I talked with Peterson about the marks on the brass, and they said that it didn't look to be an issue. That said I switched from SW Precision to IMR 4064, and the marks disappeared, so who knows. Switching to the faster powder gained me 95 fps, and the ejector marks went away.

I have not been thrilled with SWP either. Fast pressure, slow velocities...But it was available...

Do you get any of these marks anymore? I get them with lower velocities. Very faint, but still there.

Recent Posts