Pressure signs not showing at Max load

Tortured myself to read trough all 12 pages and I think it was well worth it.
I stopped my load development quite early after finding ejector marks on my brass. Always thought it was a pressure sign even the brass has some carbon buildup at the neck.
Now start realizing it might not be so after someone explained it, looks like its the ejector that make a stamp in the brass and not the brass flowing into the injector hole.
Looks like I can push this a little more and get the pressure up so I might not get the carbon buildups anymore.
Looks like I been too conservative since I never got much past minimum load.
I'm having an issue with my Savage 110
6mm Creed. I shot 108gr ELD-M'S through it flawlessly then I let a friend shoot it and he used the same bullets but they were way over the Max. C.O.A.L.
He couldn't hit anything and when he handed it back to me it was way off with regular bullets, . I think it caused to much pressure in the throat of the barrel.
Any thoughts ?
Could it have caused any permanent damage ?
Think the barrel nut might be loose?

Every gun, powder keg , bore diameter, etc is different. Find the velocity, accuracy that is good for u and ur gun. . I use to chase speed but at end of the day most of the time 50-75 FPS does not make that much difference. Better to error safe. I've went well above max loads and seen no pressure signs and ive also went well below max load and saw pressure signs. Ur gun will tell u. Reloading book is just a guide. My 2cents.

Rifle-Remington 700 6.5 Creedmoor
Bullet-142 Grain Accubond long range
Power-H4350

Went to the range today and done some load development. I was pleased to see my rifle really liked the Accubond long range bullet. When I got to the max load on the Nosler website I examined the cases and was surprised I didn't see any pressure signs. My question is what now? Should I just start increasing to powder charge until I see ejector marks or stop at max? I posted a picture of a case so you could see for yourself.

Do you have a picture of the bolt face? You might have an issue with the pin or pin hole.

Power-H4350

Went to the range today and done some load development. I was pleased to see my rifle really liked the Accubond long range bullet. When I got to the max load on the Nosler website I examined the cases and was surprised I didn't see any pressure signs. My question is what now? Should I just start increasing to powder charge until I see ejector marks or stop at max? I posted a picture of a case so you could see for yourself.

No, in my opinion.

Check the velocity and if it is where it should be and accuracy is good consider yourself good/lucky.

Many rifle, chamber and load combinations have the ability to reach Maximum SAMMI pressures without pressure signs and recommended/published velocities. Other rifles will not perform the same way and can/will produce pressure signs at lower velocities with the same load (Powder, primer and bullet).

Also some brass will handle more pressure than other brands of brass, so reading the pressure signs only tells you that you are on the edge of problems and you should back off. Max pressure loads should be avoided because irregardless of the signs, you are exceeding the Standard pressures of the cartridges and components.

J E CUSTOM

Power-H4350

looks like ejector mark between the y and r

Lapua brass, will allow you to get to the next node without having hard bolt lift, around 2850 depending on the barrel, I run 26" barrels.

Those 142 LRAB hit like a freight train on white tails.

Huh? I'm confused, why are you suggesting that cratered primers are not an indication of over pressure? I don't mean to be argumentative, I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

Cratering does not necessarily indicate high pressure. The reason why is that some bolt faces have a chamfering of the firing pin hole. The primer material fills the chamfer and causes a crater. My Winchester 70 Ultimate Shadow has always cratered cases and it sounds like the new Rems do also.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.