Pressure issues reloading for Christensen

3000 FPS "easily"? I don't think that you're being realistic. Long range competition shooters are pushing the high end and they seem to be sticking to 2885 to 3050 FPS in custom barrels that are mostly longer than 26 inches using the lighter 139 to 142 grain bullets.
View attachment 216966

If the long range competition shooters are pushing those kinds of speeds in their custom barrels then I'd bet that a commercially produced rifle with a tight chamber (based on who knows what bullet profile) would produce signs of high pressure at those same velocities. Your using a different brand bullet and that will have an effect on the chamber pressure when you are pushing the top end.

3000fps should be easily attainable. My 26" Hart barreled 6.5-284 shoots 3072fps with an SD of 4fps. This is with 140 Bergers and RL22.
I have very light ejector marks. I've pushed it over 3100 with a few loads but started getting pressure signs and SD went up noticeably.

Update: Sent my rifle back to CA today to see what they will do. It is nice they cover shipping to/from. They said if the chamber is only "slightly tight", they will polish it out and call it a day. If it is "significantly off", most likely they will replace the whole barrel and action. Hoping this isn't a several month process or get the rifle back in worse condition than it went in...
Not to derail this thread but, as promised/requested - final update: A few days after tracking showed it was delivered to Christensen Arms (CA), I emailed the rep I had been working with to make sure they received it and see if there was an ETA. He said it was in the queue and would most likely be several weeks, but he would keep me posted. That was the last time I heard from him or anyone at CA. Just a few short days after they said it was in the queue, I get a random Fedex email with a tracking number coming from Gunnison (no info, just the tracking info, weight, city, state). Didn't know what it was but was able to deduce it must be from CA. Reached out to the same rep again to confirm it was a shipment from them and ask what was done to my rifle. No response for the 3 days it took to arrive. Reached out 2 more times and still haven't received a response.

The rifle arrived absolutely covered in oil....dripping down the stock, all over the shipping box, nice carbon fiber barrel covered, just everywhere. Get that all cleaned up and find half of the "Christensen" logo worn off the bottom metal and a scuff on the CF barrel. No packing slip, no note, no indication anything was done work wise beyond make a huge mess. Find 3 fired Hornady shells in the box (fired cases measured same as prior to sending it in) and 1 of the 3 has a very clear ejector mark (stiff bolt, ejector marks, tight chamber, and hitting pressure way to early were the reason the rifle was sent in) but as far as I can tell, they did jack squat other than make a mess and scuff up my rifle. Oh, but they sent a free hat and decal, so it's all good....:confused:

Suffice to say, I am not impressed and after owning a few CA Ridgeline rifles, this will be my last venture with this company. The accuracy is there, but I purchased a 6.5 PRC for PRC velocities and a rifle that functions as it should. At this point, I have a 6.5 Creed that hits the same velocities w/142 ABLRs and RL26, is just as accurate, uses less powder, and has longer barrel life. Pretty bummed.

That does suck big-time. It's too bad because when they work they're great rifles, so what is your next step?

Not to derail this thread but, as promised/requested - final update: A few days after tracking showed it was delivered to Christensen Arms (CA), I emailed the rep I had been working with to make sure they received it and see if there was an ETA. He said it was in the queue and would most likely be several weeks, but he would keep me posted. That was the last time I heard from him or anyone at CA. Just a few short days after they said it was in the queue, I get a random Fedex email with a tracking number coming from Gunnison (no info, just the tracking info, weight, city, state). Didn't know what it was but was able to deduce it must be from CA. Reached out to the same rep again to confirm it was a shipment from them and ask what was done to my rifle. No response for the 3 days it took to arrive. Reached out 2 more times and still haven't received a response.

The rifle arrived absolutely covered in oil....dripping down the stock, all over the shipping box, nice carbon fiber barrel covered, just everywhere. Get that all cleaned up and find half of the "Christensen" logo worn off the bottom metal and a scuff on the CF barrel. No packing slip, no note, no indication anything was done work wise beyond make a huge mess. Find 3 fired Hornady shells in the box (fired cases measured same as prior to sending it in) and 1 of the 3 has a very clear ejector mark (stiff bolt, ejector marks, tight chamber, and hitting pressure way to early were the reason the rifle was sent in) but as far as I can tell, they did jack squat other than make a mess and scuff up my rifle. Oh, but they sent a free hat and decal, so it's all good....:confused:

Suffice to say, I am not impressed and after owning a few CA Ridgeline rifles, this will be my last venture with this company. The accuracy is there, but I purchased a 6.5 PRC for PRC velocities and a rifle that functions as it should. At this point, I have a 6.5 Creed that hits the same velocities w/142 ABLRs and RL26, is just as accurate, uses less powder, and has longer barrel life. Pretty bummed.
Well, that really SUCKS.. go back and read post #61 from MTGEZZER, his experience sounds identical to yours.
BTW, I spoke with a smith today, who builds really fabulous custom LR rifles. He believes most the CA rifle pressure problems are related to the barrel, can't be fixed - only replaced.

Well, that really SUCKS.. go back and read post #61 from MTGEZZER, his experience sounds identical to yours.
Wow, went back and read his post and it is exactly the same! ****es me off even more because it's not some one-off flukey thing. I understand mistakes can happen, but how you honor your warranty and treat your customers is a make out break deal. Appears as though they are habitually bad on all fronts. Like MTGEEZER, I'm done with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.