Pressure info 22 creedmoor

Nice 43 grains oughta fill the case
You can fit 44-45gr of H4350 in most brass without coming up into the neck. Subjective though, because a drop tube can allow you to get more in. Still, I have yet to work with any brass that can get more than 3 firings with 44gr. Most brass will blow the primer on loading #2... if it can even take one firing.

If you re getting 3500-3600 out of a 77 gr bullet and 24" barrel I d suggest you ve got a full pressure load. Those nice actions don't reflect pressure as easy as a production gun. Might see what QL projects and ultimately fire a brass 3-5 times and check for primer pockets looseness. You ll like that 22 CM! Three or four of us have them and shoot 88 gr bullets; they re impressive!

If you re getting 3500-3600 out of a 77 gr bullet and 24" barrel I d suggest you ve got a full pressure load.
I'd suggest over-pressure. However, the only way to be sure would be to load a single piece of brass to failure. I'd guess a 3600fps load won't be very nice on the brass. Probably won't even hold a primer for round 2.

You can fit 44-45gr of H4350 in most brass without coming up into the neck. Subjective though, because a drop tube can allow you to get more in. Still, I have yet to work with any brass that can get more than 3 firings with 44gr. Most brass will blow the primer on loading #2... if it can even take one firing.
Ouch, ill stick with less speed and longer brass life. Started out at 39 grains imr 4350 with 77 tmk, super accurate load. 40 grs shot pretty good as well. I will play some more once i get more brass.

Ouch, ill stick with less speed and longer brass life. Started out at 39 grains imr 4350 with 77 tmk, super accurate load. 40 grs shot pretty good as well. I will play some more once i get more brass.
I agree. Lower nodes are almost universally more stable. My data wasn't a suggestion, it was just data.

I run the Lapua 6 creed SRP brass, 85.5 Berger's and H4831 with a 26" bbl. Labradar shows just shy of 3500 fps. Killed 3 whitetail does and several coyotes last winter here in Oklahoma all DRT !!! Had entrance and exit hole on 85.5 Berger's with shot placement behind shoulder through the lungs, 2 does at 330 yards and 1 at roughly 220 yards
I have had a 22" and a 26" barrel and I never could get the velocity I thought it should have in the short bbls with 4350. Hit pressure way to soon like 3200-3300 fps. At that point my 22x47 lapua will do that with less powder.
The 22 creed is just a glorified name for a 22-243 IMHO.
The 22-243 had to have a 26" bbl and run a slower powder to get velocity with 80 sierras. I believe I was running like 45-46 grains of RL25 in the 22-243 back in the day.
Just my 2 cents worth

Was going to ask what twist, im running an 8. Just got some 88 eldm to try, from what others have said they should stabilize with the higher speeds.

I am running 75g eld over rl26. I am not at home so I can't tell you my exact load. I am getting 3615 for speed out of a 24" Bartlein 5r barrel, mated to a montana 1999 action. I had pressure signs and backed it down 1/2 grain. My only pressure was a very faint bolt shadow on my brass. I can't speak to brass longevity because this is my first loading. I bought 300 gunwerks 22cm brass right off the bat and am on my first loading. I did reload some of my hotter ladder brass with no loose pockets.

I'd suggest over-pressure. However, the only way to be sure would be to load a single piece of brass to failure. I'd guess a 3600fps load won't be very nice on the brass. Probably won't even hold a primer for round 2.
I agree my load that I ran for a couple years at 3480-3500 with 75 gr bullet and Reloder 26 with 24 inch barrel when ran on pressure barrel was 72kpsi
Small rifle primers and strong actions can definitely cover excessive pressure

If you re getting 3500-3600 out of a 77 gr bullet and 24" barrel I d suggest you ve got a full pressure load. Those nice actions don't reflect pressure as easy as a production gun. Might see what QL projects and ultimately fire a brass 3-5 times and check for primer pockets looseness. You ll like that 22 CM! Three or four of us have them and shoot 88 gr bullets; they re impressive!
What is your load data for the 88grn ELD-M

40.5 grs R26. Have been up to a grain higher but too much pressure; ejector marks when temps got 80-85 degrees.

Work up as 40.5 still stout load. (3200 fps out of 27" Lilja)

Recent Posts