Pressure build near max for ball powders

Working up loads for 22-250 …H414 and WW760 (the same powder)
40.5grains with 55gr bullets is the load that works in many guns with no pressure signs….
41grs loosened primer pockets…. I saw similar powder behavior with H380…. I'd find a load within 1gr of the "book" max and .5 grs up gave all the pressure signs at once.

also these ball powders left a durable carbon-like fouling in the barrel not present with stick powders, seems to need a little more effort to clean out.
Try Hoppe's Elite Cleaner it really cuts carbon in my ARs

I saved the page too. I might get a hair up my butt and give my 7rum a proper throat. On the flip side, it'll tear it's own throat out soon enough and she shoots as is... Decisions, decisions.

As to the O.P.'s loads, moving anything over 2800 fps in a standard barrel length 30-06 capacity 30cal with 180's is pushing rather hard. I'd find a seating depth that Ramshot hunter likes somewhere between 59 and 60 grains and shoot the daylights outta the rifle.
I might have done ld with mag. primers myself, but if she's stable on the 200's, send it...

I saved the page too. I might get a hair up my butt and give my 7rum a proper throat. On the flip side, it'll tear it's own throat out soon enough and she shoots as is... Decisions, decisions.

As to the O.P.'s loads, moving anything over 2800 fps in a standard barrel length 30-06 capacity 30cal with 180's is pushing rather hard. I'd find a seating depth that Ramshot hunter likes somewhere between 59 and 60 grains and shoot the daylights outta the rifle.
I might have done ld with mag. primers myself, but if she's stable on the 200's, send it...

Yes... I don't think there's any "free" velocity. I figure I must be at fairly high pressure even though my brass isn't showing it. As long as I'm 1-1.5 grain below any pressure signs, my brass lasts 10 loads or so, and the load shoots good, I'm ok with that. Bonus if it happens to be a speedy load