Prepping brass

Wyocoyotehunter

Im Just getting into reloading and have been doing it at a buddies. Now in the process of getting my own setup. Reloading for 300 win mag and still researching for brass prep. So the question is, do you gain any uniformity with a brass prep station vs. hand tools? Thanks in advance.

I prefer to use the hand tools for hunting loads. If I were doing real large amounts, a quality prepping center would speed things up, but not necessarily better results.

I do use a low speed drill to turn necks and to uniform primer pocket depth, but hand tools to chamfer/deburr and to clean up flashholes. I'm a big fan of K&M prepping tools, but there are other good tools available. Sharp carbide cutters will last longterm and ease effort.

I would say no.
The only benefit would be time & space saving.
But the thing is when you buy a unit you then have to buy all the pilots to suit the machine.

That's even more $$.

They are a good idea & if your just getting into it then it is an investment worth considering.

But the answer to your question again imo is no, but if you have any issues with your hands then they will be good for you!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.