Premium trigger for AR platform rifles

Trigger Tech Diamond on my competition AR's set to 2.25 lbs. Geiselle 3 gun on all my other AR's. Trigger Tech on my bolt actions. Used to run Jewel on my bolt guns but like the feel of the Trigger Tech better.

Curved or Flat?

I want a trigger to use on a setup for all-around (hunting, plinking, and HD) for a shorty barrel with a can. I'm thinking the 3 Gun model but am not opposed to going to a 2.5# pull. Just looking for feedback on the Trigger Tech.

I have TTs on bolt rifles and have confidence in the brand but have yet to try them on an auto.

I've purchased several different brands over the years just to try. I don't have any issues/complaints with factory triggers. I have 2 RR guns with single stage triggers and 1 s&w. All 3 are a non-issue/complaint trigger. When I started building ar's I've bought and tried several from adjustable, non type from 2# to 4.5#. CMC has been my overall favorite and not just because of price! I do have geissele, tac-con, elfman, rise armament (very least favorite), velocity and some plain np3 coated triggers. G was on sale and might have been sse? Tac-con is very fast and smooth, but doesn't work well in some barrel lengths. Elfman is my 2nd choice. Velocity is in a 243win ar and haven't used the gun much, but time will tell. Rise has had lots of reset problems. The mp3 I use in a 300bo and works a little heavy, but goes bang every time the trigger is pulled. I had a pcc ar with resetting issues and the cmc fixed it.

I've tried most of them, and currently have several. I like the hyperfire triggers alot. I've probably got 3 of their higher end models, (no idea what they are called), and they are excellent. However, I recently purchased a timney calvin elite, and that's what I'll be buying going forward. I think anything over a 2lb trigger pull is excessive. I don't even know why they make triggers heavier than that.

I've tried most of them, and currently have several. I like the hyperfire triggers alot. I've probably got 3 of their higher end models, (no idea what they are called), and they are excellent. However, I recently purchased a timney calvin elite, and that's what I'll be buying going forward. I think anything over a 2lb trigger pull is excessive. I don't even know why they make triggers heavier than that.
I like a lite trigger- I like them lite enough, that when I let some one else shoot my piece, I have to tell them Don't touch the trigger till you are ready to shoot. LITE. I find it difficult to hit small when it takes forever to break the shot off, and the Trigger on my LR308 is pretty high effort, and too much creep. TT says their Diamond will cause one to notice creep where they never have before, or something like that.
What I'm really hoping for is to help me shoot this platform ....better, more consistently. I'm not real interested in mag dumps, binary triggers, or such, just not my thing. But, I do enjoy the rifle, and maybe this trigger will make my Tinker Toy my all around favorite !!

My plinking carbines get ALG-ACT's. One precision lower has a Calvin Elite in it, the other has a Jard in it. I've shot the Jard the most and I like it. The Calvin Elite is a nice trigger as well, but it's got more adjustments than I need.

Was that one better , more comfortable, more...what, for you ? Hope this doesn't read as assinine , not my intent. How did that trigger perform for your use requirements? The trigger that came with my kit is, in my opinion, pretty crappy. And it was an upgrade!
I have two ARs built by two different companies both triggers were equally horrible. I'm talking pull it two or three times feel it creep before it goes bang ,all the triggers you guys are recommending are way better but you can make no bigger improvement on your AR trigger for $20 then this kit right here!
image.jpg

Curved or Flat?

I want a trigger to use on a setup for all-around (hunting, plinking, and HD) for a shorty barrel with a can. I'm thinking the 3 Gun model but am not opposed to going to a 2.5# pull. Just looking for feedback on the Trigger Tech.

I have TTs on bolt rifles and have confidence in the brand but have yet to try them on an auto.
I love my trigger tech on my bolt gun,it is a flat shoe

My favorite AR triggers are my Geissele SD-E Flat bow, I have 3. Very crisp and I like the weights on the 2 stages (very light front take up and easy to hit the second stage fast w/o pull through for complete control in a hunting situation). I have a Trigger Tech Adaptable AR flat shoe, while it is nice, I like the way the stages stack and shoe feels better on my SD-E.

I have a straight Jard and is a single stage, it's a pretty nice trigger too for the price.

My favorite trigger for the price is an RRA NM 2 stage trigger, but is curved. Used to be able to get them for $89-$99, not sure what they're going for now. I still have 3 of them on my more basics AR's from others I'd upgraded.

Last edited: