Premium Range Finder Binoculars

340 Master

I am really interested in finding out everyone's experiences with the Zeiss 10x45 RF Binos vs Leica 10x42 HD-B vs Swarovski 10x42 EL Range. I would like to hear about their ability to range in varied conditions and how quickly they return a reading and how repeatable the readings are. I know the Zeiss technology is older and has been eclipsed by the Leica but ballistic solutions are not my main concern. Any feedback will be appreciated.:)

Rangefinder Binoculars Reviews & Field Tests: Overall Results Summary - PrecisionRifleBlog.com

I have the HD-B 10x (used for $1800 !!)and the easily range farther than I can shoot. No problem getting to a mile under most conditions and very repeatable. I used the ballistic calculator to range a deer at 618 yards at a ~30 angle and it calculated the shot perfectly. Computer will calculate shots to 800 yards but will do it as soon as you see the object so it is fast.

Cons;
Expensive
No scope height adjustment
No G7 standard
Only reading drop corrections in MOA
Little greenish tint, only notice if you go back and forth to another optic
Little fuzzy at edges(to my eyes)
Lens caps will fall off but you can replace with butler creek caps

You my want to consider adding the Steiner Military lrf binoculars your list. I was very impressed with their performance and glass when demo'ing them at the Snipers Hide Cup. I eventually bought a pair a couple weeks ago and am very happy with their durability and performance in the field so far. They have the Steiner Heritage Lifetime Warranty, coverage including the laser/electronic portion. Also, they are considerably less $$$ than the others listed, at least for the 8 x 30 model.

They are rated for 1860 yards and get there easily and consistently, even ranging handheld & offhand. Returns are lightening fast. In full sunlight and ranging difficult targets under field conditions (like coyotes in sagebrush) I was getting readings out to 1400 - 1700 yards.

No ballistic functions or angle corrected ranging.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I went to Bass Pro Shops yesterday and looked at the Zeiss 10 x45 RF and Swarovski 10x42 EL Range. I liked the size and feel of the Swaro but it would not return readings of dark objects in the store whereas the Zeiss never failed to return a reading. What was interesting was the Zeiss would not return a distance reading through the glass store windows, and I didn't expect it to, but the Swaro would; although I question the accuracy of a reading going through glass windows. They did not have the Leica 10x42 HD-B or the Steiner so I could not compare these to the others. Any other information from forum members would be appreciated.

As an update I did purchase a Zeiss Diavari Fl 4x16 and absolutely love it. When sighting in the rifle the turret adjustments were dead on. I had the opportunity to look through the scope last weekend while hunting and was amazed at the ability to clearly see deer in low light under trees after sundown at distance ( up to 500 yards). :)

340 Master you bought really great riflescope, congrats.

I personally own/have owned some premium RF binoculars, all German made. After Leica (old Geovid 8x56), then Zeiss 10x45, I landed by Swaro EL Range 10x42. Great glass, clear and sharp picture, ranging works great far behind my max shooting distances (until today my longest hunting shot is less than 1000 yds).

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.