Premium large bins from Swarovski, Leica or, Zeiss?

12x42 NL is the way to go. 10x fov in a 12 same weight and size as a 10. Price is crazy but it's the pinnacle of binos. Wouldn't settle for less than the swaro's period. Wether slc or el swaro is simply the best. Stressful decision cause the cost but nice stuff isn't cheap and cheap stuff isn't nice.

Have you used NL's? How do they compare to EL's?

I have EL's and my outfitter runs leica. They are about the same and I have a love for both. Having said that another guide buddy loves Maven's and Meopta is worth a look.

For studying country I use a fiesol tripod 3342. It weighs 3.5lbs and is also used for my rifle. This tripod is bada$$. For higher power glass there are lots of tricks we use to be steady for scanning but true study of the terrain looking for small pieces of animal tucked away, a tripod is much preferred.

I haven't personally touched a set of nl's. I have el's. I have looked through most. We have compared most brands side x side. To answer the original question of best binos for 2k. Swaro hands down. Anyone who argues doesn't have a pair

I haven't personally touched a set of nl's. I have el's. I have looked through most. We have compared most brands side x side. To answer the original question of best binos for 2k. Swaro hands down. Anyone who argues doesn't have a pair
Biology, geographic region, and time of day all play a part.

Older eyes may not dilate the same or have other medical issues. Mountains, plains, deserts, coasts for example all have different challenges for optics. Then there is the sun and its effect on the environment.

I generally agree for a 'blind' choice, in the $2K range, most people would be well served with Swarovski for a general choice. Zeiss generally tends to be more expensive and Leica is more of what I consider a specialty choice for specific needs. Of course, this is based on reading a lot of forum threads and noting trends in posts.

Practical field use sometimes negates the best written forum post though! :)

Biology, geographic region, and time of day all play a part.

Older eyes may not dilate the same or have other medical issues. Mountains, plains, deserts, coasts for example all have different challenges for optics. Then there is the sun and its effect on the environment.

I generally agree for a 'blind' choice, in the $2K range, most people would be well served with Swarovski for a general choice. Zeiss generally tends to be more expensive and Leica is more of what I consider a specialty choice for specific needs. Of course, this is based on reading a lot of forum threads and noting trends in posts.

Practical field use sometimes negates the best written forum post though! :)

Everyone has a preference depending their particular biology for sure. In the higher end glass arena it boils down to the individual. I have spent a considerable amount of time with the leica HD and swaro EL and notice slight color variations in the image. If I don't go back and forth I really don't notice the variation too much and can't really make a clear choice between them. Going back and forth I tend to lean on the leica. Because of this, I am highly considering the leica 3200.

Absolutely, in side-by-side comparisons, people, in general, seem to prefer the image of Leica UltraVids over Swarovski ELs. The Leica image just seems warmer for lack of a better term to most people. To be honest, if I didn't have eyeglass concerns with Leica, I'd be strongly tempted to get a set of the UV HD+ on sale right now.

Absolutely, in side-by-side comparisons, people, in general, seem to prefer the image of Leica UltraVids over Swarovski ELs. The Leica image just seems warmer for lack of a better term to most people. To be honest, if I didn't have eyeglass concerns with Leica, I'd be strongly tempted to get a set of the UV HD+ on sale right now.
For sure. I am fortunate enough to be able to use an outfitter discount for my optic purchases. If I go leica I'll get rid of my sig 2400 and swaro el. Both have served me very well.

2 of my buddies run 3200.com's. Nice binos. We spend countless hours in the backcountry glassing. Side x side on a tripod the Swarovski el out performs. I'm 38 years old ex welder. My eyes aren't what they were. Swaro has a field flattened view. Edge to edge can't compare with a rounded lens. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions but...... we all know Swarovski is the best.
take your binos and look into the horizon with the sun setting directly into your eyes. Now try with the swaro's . Weird
If you're going to spend 2k on binos don't settle for less over a 100$. I get that the 3200 have a rangefinder and Bluetooth tech. Cool stuff. I run a terrapin x and kestrel elite. Thats the decision to make. But glass to glass is swaro.

2 of my buddies run 3200.com's. Nice binos. We spend countless hours in the backcountry glassing. Side x side on a tripod the Swarovski el out performs. I'm 38 years old ex welder. My eyes aren't what they were. Swaro has a field flattened view. Edge to edge can't compare with a rounded lens. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions but...... we all know Swarovski is the best.
take your binos and look into the horizon with the sun setting directly into your eyes. Now try with the swaro's . Weird
If you're going to spend 2k on binos don't settle for less over a 100$. I get that the 3200 have a rangefinder and Bluetooth tech. Cool stuff. I run a terrapin x and kestrel elite. Thats the decision to make. But glass to glass is swaro.
Not for me. I use a LRF with ballistic app for hunting predators and have no desire to run multiple units anymore. The sig and G7 were pioneers in the LRF integration world with a click and instant data acquisition on screen. I only use my kestrel for a wind read occasionally now. Otherwise, leica has the best overall solution for a one shop stop in the ballistic solution department with quality glass. To argue who is better is pointless. There are lots of independent reviews from birders, tactical, and hunting experts that will use sophisticated equipment to help their research as well as personal preference. Beyond that, it's all personal preference and opinion anyway. Working as a guide and outfitter there are few who put more time behind glass and even for us it is simply personal choice and what looks better to us. I do absolutely love me EL's, just wish they had an integrated ab lrf solution.

Everyone has a preference depending their particular biology for sure. In the higher end glass arena it boils down to the individual. I have spent a considerable amount of time with the leica HD and swaro EL and notice slight color variations in the image. If I don't go back and forth I really don't notice the variation too much and can't really make a clear choice between them. Going back and forth I tend to lean on the leica. Because of this, I am highly considering the leica 3200.
Me2

There's a cool new company that will allow you to rent high end optics to try, then you can apply 100% of the rental fee toward purchase. Great way to compare them in field conditions rather than a store or a parking lot where you can't tell much in broad daylight with heat waves and no tripod. Glass comes in a bino harness with a tripod adapter. They carry Swarovski, Vortex, Leica, and Zeiss. Rent Guns and Gear

I agree on the 3200 being the best for the one stop shop. Can't argue that. I shoot elr where remote fire option is huge on the terrapin. If I could afford both I would own the 3200 for hunting purposes. It's all opinion based. 6hrs into glassing a mountain 30 days in a row I'm thankful for the el's.
you could always give the boys at outdoorsman a call. Pretty much all they do is glass up game for a living. I'm just a backcountry junkie with only a 100+ Days behind glass a year. What do I know. If it was me I'd buy the razor HD's so that way that 200" Muley is still there for the next guy😁

I agree on the 3200 being the best for the one stop shop. Can't argue that. I shoot elr where remote fire option is huge on the terrapin. If I could afford both I would own the 3200 for hunting purposes. It's all opinion based. 6hrs into glassing a mountain 30 days in a row I'm thankful for the el's.
you could always give the boys at outdoorsman a call. Pretty much all they do is glass up game for a living. I'm just a backcountry junkie with only a 100+ Days behind glass a year. What do I know. If it was me I'd buy the razor HD's so that way that 200" Muley is still there for the next guy😁
Sarcasm is not a lost art, it is practiced daily by some. I don't mind ****ing contests they are entertaining. Usually people who spend 100 plus days are set in their minds what they prefer. Had a guy tell me on a FB page no one can tell the difference in scope glass. I sat there and thought about the hours I spend from September elk, October - November deer and elk, then straight into cat and wolf season from Nov- June. How many times I've had burning eyes, sore eye brows, aching neck and shoulder from days and weeks on glass to just to find 1 out of hundreds of animals a picky client will tag, and I thought that guy, that guy has no clue. And here we have bickering about the top 2 pieces of glass on the planet. In the end, I'm good with my decisions, they work for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.