Preferred Ear Pro

MSURunner

Well, someone got into my truck the other day and made off with my Caldwell E-MAX Shadows. I have a pair of Razor XV as back ups, but really liked the smaller form factor and rechargeable case of the Caldwell. So, in prep for buying something new, what are some of your opinions on ear pro? Prefer in ear over muff and want to have some sort of enhancement so I'm not that guy shouting all the time at the range. TIA!

Depends upon how much hearing you still have and budget...
I tried some factory aids that were fairly expensive but they weren't adjustable to my 'bad hearing levels'..basically useless...my audiologist said let's try these...standard aids..disposable batteries(no charging)...three settings...completely set to my hearing loss and the reset for my uses...
Setting one...loud noise shutoff at 85 decibels...still has fully functioning hearing...but can deaden an egg being cracked on ss sink....rifles going off sounds like normal of someone clapping hands...and can't hear someone sitting within 4 feet of me clapping hands but can understand speech without problem...lawn mower is deadend....chainsaw...hammer hitting anything....
Setting two..higher pitch noise reduced..running skill saw...
Setting three...stanard hearing setting....
For me....awesome functions....price was $750...
3 year guarantee....
And these are my everyday normal work aids....in ear...
0829201134a.jpg

My real hearing aids cost $4500....behind ear with inserted speakers....dont want to wear these in the rain.....

Depends upon how much hearing you still have and budget...
I tried some factory aids that were fairly expensive but they weren't adjustable to my 'bad hearing levels'..basically useless...my audiologist said let's try these...standard aids..disposable batteries(no charging)...three settings...completely set to my hearing loss and the reset for my uses...
Setting one...loud noise shutoff at 85 decibels...still has fully functioning hearing...but can deaden an egg being cracked on ss sink....rifles going off sounds like normal of someone clapping hands...and can't hear someone sitting within 4 feet of me clapping hands but can understand speech without problem...lawn mower is deadend....chainsaw...hammer hitting anything....
Setting two..higher pitch noise reduced..running skill saw...
Setting three...stanard hearing setting....
For me....awesome functions....price was $750...
3 year guarantee....
And these are my everyday normal work aids....in ear...View attachment 226245

My real hearing aids cost $4500....behind ear with inserted speakers....dont want to wear these in the rain.....

Whats the name of these ?

I prefer a suppressor over any of them, if that's not an option, I like the cheap foam plugs on the plastic neck spring.
I hate hearing protection when I don't need it so i want something handy and fast to put on and take off.
So, basically I want 1k into a good suppressor or 5 bucks into cheap foam. I don't care for any of the electronic ones I've tried, but haven't ever tried any over 300 bucks or so.

I should have caught you were talking about the range, my bad, you should still get yourself a suppressor if you shoot outside the range.

These are the lowest prices hearing aids any audiologist can put into your ears....
The circuitry is all the same...just reset to reduce unwanted noise...
The only difference is the tube going in your ear canal is just a touch longer to seal better...
I wear the every time I run loud equipment..or shoot rifles...theyd be excellent in a duck blind...

These are new from Pro Ears. I haven't had a chance to try them, but if they have the same performance as the over ear Pro Ears Gold that I have, then they should be a good option

The wire that connects them is just for bluetooth connection, The ear buds operate on their own.

Personally, I use and most of my friends use Howard Leight Impact ear muffs. They work great, are relatively inexpensive and have great battery life (regular energizer/duracell batteries last a couple years). They also come in a bunch of colors.

trebark:

I tried the Howard Leight Impacts and found they weren't deep enough. Since I wear hearing aids, I need a deeper ear cup or else the inside of the earmuffs press on the end of my hearing aid and really hurt.

Also, I find muffs a problem on the right side -- they hit the top of the stock and I can't get my head down to my cheek weld position.

I should have caught you were talking about the range, my bad, you should still get yourself a suppressor if you shoot outside the range.
I've got a can that I put on as many of my rifles as possible, but don't on my long sporter contour barrels. It's crazy how we have to spend so much money and time on something in America that is often required in other parts of the world.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.