Preferred bullet weight for 6.5 CM

I have used Berger 130 AR's and 130 VLD H with great results. Have also used 140 &142 Sierra Match Kings on paper. All 4 bullets shoot 3/8 or better if I do my job. Use H4350 cci 450's & Lapua brass. I prefer the 130's for the extra speed even though I dial the scope.

This guy didn't like the 147 ELDMs either.

Attachments

• 6C892F2D-3D5F-44D5-BBE4-343ECA6CAD27.jpeg
    6C892F2D-3D5F-44D5-BBE4-343ECA6CAD27.jpeg
    833.2 KB · Views: 56
I load my daughter's Creedmore and the first year she ran 143 eldx, she had to pump three rounds into a big bodied buck to get him down with a 325 yard shot, hits were all forward of the diaphragm and not a single bullet made it to the off side, I've seen some other horror shows that started with the 143, she didn't like the recoil. The 147 ELDM proved much more consistent on game but recoil again was a consideration. Started loading the 124 Hammers and she hasn't looked back, single shot killed a bunch of deer and elk, recoils and speed match nice and make a superior hunting package, I kinda want to build myself an ultra lite based on her rifle with the 124 Hammer because it's just a sweet spot!!

I like 130's. The Nosler 130 RFD is real pointy & flys good with moderate velocites. The 130 Hornady ELDM slighly beats the Hornady 140 hpbt according to Hornady 4DOF ballistic chart with 6.5 CM velocites. I start running out of powder space with 4350 type extruded powders with lighter bullets. Should I need to shoot deers or bigger I would use the Barnes 127 LRX but I would need a golf cart to move my 6.5 CM around. My next 6.5 having less weight will be a 6.5-06 with lots of powder capacity. Hammer bullets have attacted my interest.

I load my daughter's Creedmore and the first year she ran 143 eldx, she had to pump three rounds into a big bodied buck to get him down with a 325 yard shot, hits were all forward of the diaphragm and not a single bullet made it to the off side, I've seen some other horror shows that started with the 143, she didn't like the recoil. The 147 ELDM proved much more consistent on game but recoil again was a consideration. Started loading the 124 Hammers and she hasn't looked back, single shot killed a bunch of deer and elk, recoils and speed match nice and make a superior hunting package, I kinda want to build myself an ultra lite based on her rifle with the 124 Hammer because it's just a sweet spot!!
Interesting...
we've never had real trouble with the 143 eld-x on mule deer but we've never thumped a big buck with one either. I've moved over to the 140 speer hot core with my kid's creed as the 143 has been a bear to get. He'll either use that or a 7-08 Striker pistol running 150 Hornady fb around 2500 fps..

Interesting...
we've never had real trouble with the 143 eld-x on mule deer but we've never thumped a big buck with one either. I've moved over to the 140 speer hot core with my kid's creed as the 143 has been a bear to get. He'll either use that or a 7-08 Striker pistol running 150 Hornady fb around 2500 fps..
We've never had an issue with them either. The eld-x or eld-m. And we have big body northern deer.

I thought they would be awesome too but at 300+ at Creedmore speeds they should be exiting but they were cutting loose so bad they didn't make the second lung. She has punched deer with the 120 and 147 eldm and they were good but made me nervous on elk till she gets a few under her belt so tried the 124 Hammer and there is no reason to go back, recoil vs terminal performance is awesome and shes lethal with it.
Got similar results with my 28 Nosler, pretty much just blasted all my Hornady product into plates, to many options with much better terminal performance for me.

What powder with hammers?