Precision Rimfire Scopes

Wildcat99

Just took delivery of my Rim-X build for .22 LR comps and need to scope it up. I run a NF 7-35x56 ATACR on my main comp rifle, but don't know if I need to spend that kind of $$$ for this. For guys who have experience in the world of NRL Rimfire, how important is it to have a scope that can focus on close-in targets? That's one argument for the ATACR. What other optics should I be thinking about?

If you can parallax down to 25 yards, should be good. 25 is the closest I have gone on any rimfire match. Rifle is zero at 50, and 0.2MIL Down for a 25 yd shot.

Having the same debate. I purchased a March 5-42x for my centerfire rifle and looking for optics for my Vudoo Ravage that is coming in. Planned on putting a EOTech Voodoo 5-25x on it but parallax doesn't go down far enough. For now, I'm going with a Brownells MPO 5-25X and upgrade if I need to.

I've had good luck with the Athlon scopes on my KIDD and Lithgow LA101, but shots have been limited to inside 100 yards. March is having a 20% off Shot Show special that makes their 4.5-27X attractive but not convinced I need to go there just yet.

Having the same debate. I purchased a March 5-42x for my centerfire rifle and looking for optics for my Vudoo Ravage that is coming in. Planned on putting a EOTech Voodoo 5-25x on it but parallax doesn't go down far enough. For now, I'm going with a Brownells MPO 5-25X and upgrade if I need to.

I've had good luck with the Athlon scopes on my KIDD and Lithgow LA101, but shots have been limited to inside 100 yards. March is having a 20% off Shot Show special that makes their 4.5-27X attractive but not convinced I need to go there just yet.
I like that MPO scope. I have one and for the price it has a lot of good features. I need to take a look and see how close it can focus. That might be a winner.

The parallax on the 5-25x is marked down to 35 yards, but like the 3-18x, it does rotate further. The Q&A portion for the scope has a post that it does focus down to 25 yards. I ordered the MPO based on that and will see once it comes in.

IMG_4338_zpswxlkqrbt.jpg

Criteria for me is anything that can parallax down to 25 yards with a top end of at least 20X. Wide FOV is also helpful for me to spot misses when shooting at distance, but they are tough to see regardless.

Criteria for me is anything that can parallax down to 25 yards with a top end of at least 20X. Wide FOV is also helpful for me to spot misses when shooting at distance, but they are tough to see regardless.
Nx8 4-32 checks all those boxes

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.