Pre-Weighed Powder Charge?

crappiedan

Just curious what most guys use to store their pre-weighed powder charges. I have been keeping a few of the plastic speed loaders with just a powder charge. I'm looking for something inexpensive to use so I can take many loads to the range already pre-weighed. Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.
Dan

Not trying at all to be a smart@$$ but I use brass with bullets on the top. Some consider it to be more but I consider it to be less. Ready to roll. What I said is mine and not saying its the best. But worked so far. Good luck

Just curious what most guys use to store their pre-weighed powder charges. I have been keeping a few of the plastic speed loaders with just a powder charge. I'm looking for something inexpensive to use so I can take many loads to the range already pre-weighed. Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.
Dan

I've done this for over 30 years and it works perfect for me. If you can find a place that develops 35mm film, ask them for the empty film containers. I know in the digital age they may be hard to find but, they work perfect, are water tight, the top won't come off, and easy to use, easy to clean. They're re-usable and last forever. Beats the heck out of tubes and such.

On a side note......................... which ever or what ever you buy for the range, use a dryer sheet and wipe out the inside. It will keep the powder from sticking to the sides if it does..........

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.