Pre-fit Barrel's

I have a bunch of PacNor savage prefits, and 1 Preferred Barrel Blanks shouldered prefit that I put on my first ZAI Origin. Liked that action so much I just pulled one of my old savages apart and put the PacNor 280AI bbl on my second Origin. None have disappointed me.

Attachments

• Message_1610745552183.jpg
    Message_1610745552183.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • 20211010_134643.jpg
    20211010_134643.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
They do great work for sure but they take a long time. My Prefit barrel took over 9 months to get and then it was chambered wrong. I ordered a 6.5 Creedmoor Rockcreek M24 contour for my ARC Nucleus. What I got was that contour but chamber was cut for a 6mm Creedmoor. All said and done it was over 12 months for my barrel. At that time I was not installing my own barrels and it cost me extra Smith fees. This was about 5 years ago but my experience was not a good one. I will give them a A+ for the work but not so much for delivering it on time. Anyways…. They do make a good barrel.

That definitely sucks and I wouldn;t have been happy either but having dealt with getting prefits over the past two years they have sped up and I got what I should have.

I started using pre/fit(Criterion) barrels a few years ago in Savage and Bighorn actions for both my PRS competition and LRH rifles. I have been able to achieve performance equivalent to my best custom barrels. With the proper tools, fitment is fast and easy. My 6.5x47L PRS rifle, and 6.5x284 LRH rifle.

D10B97DD-A98B-449D-AD79-BF00C2C5D648.jpeg36D2DA7B-481F-49FA-8777-22C6DD63C5C0.jpeg

How do you like those Grayboe stocks? I have been looking at them for awhile now, I believe they are built by a son of McMillan. I notice they mention no glass bedding required using there stocks, I have a Bergara B14 HMR, that stock has a built in mini chassis, does the Grayboe have the same thing? What I like about the Grayboe is the flat level bottom rear of the stock, it would slide better on a rear bag. I have a McMillan A3 Sporter in my 28 Nosler I had built, it is not adjustable and that bottom rear of the stock slides the muzzle upwards on recoil with a rear bag, I have to make sure I have a better load on it when shooting versus my Bergara.
Grayboe builds most of the Bergara stocks to the best of my knowledge. I have a Grayboe Phoenix and love it.

I started using pre/fit(Criterion) barrels a few years ago in Savage and Bighorn actions for both my PRS competition and LRH rifles. I have been able to achieve performance equivalent to my best custom barrels. With the proper tools, fitment is fast and easy. My 6.5x47L PRS rifle, and 6.5x284 LRH rifle.

View attachment 313350View attachment 313351
So is the bighorn a shouldered prefit or uses a nut like the savage? Which bighorn action?

So is the bighorn a shouldered prefit or uses a nut like the savage? Which bighorn action?
I have the Bighorn TL3. It has the small shank Savage thread that can be either shouldered, or used with a the Savage/nut Pre-fits. The TL3 has an integrated/machined recoil lug. The SL3 is the similar except it is machined to accept the Remington magazine box. I use the Criterion Savage nut Pre-fit. The three barrels I have acquired deliver exceptional accuracy and consistency. I like using the nut setting my head space to exactly match previous or other my other rifles(of the same cartridge) die/headspace dimensions. It takes me less then 20 minutes to install a barrel……. without the cost and wait time…

How do you like those Grayboe stocks? I have been looking at them for awhile now, I believe they are built by a son of McMillan. I notice they mention no glass bedding required using there stocks, I have a Bergara B14 HMR, that stock has a built in mini chassis, does the Grayboe have the same thing? What I like about the Grayboe is the flat level bottom rear of the stock, it would slide better on a rear bag. I have a McMillan A3 Sporter in my 28 Nosler I had built, it is not adjustable and that bottom rear of the stock slides the muzzle upwards on recoil with a rear bag, I have to make sure I have a better load on it when shooting versus my Bergara.
Grayboe has 20% off the next few days! FYI