• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Pre-64 Win M70

DONTSTROKEME

Well I almost hate to do it but I want to go on to other projects and this isn't used enough that I should keep it.

This is made in 1954 if I remember right, if you want I can look it up again. It is a 30-06, with the factory barrel swell, the original stock was very used, so I sanded what was left of the checkering and exposed some really nice grain. It has a "true-oil" stain and about 7 coats of gun wax so far but still can take more. It has a Pachmyer Decelerator and a 3/8" spacer on it.

It still shoots great and if you are really interested in the shootability I will go sandbag test it at 100 yards and post 3 shot groups.

It has a Redfield Tracker 4x scope, and Leupold QD rings and QD 1-pc base.

It also has a Ramline composite stock that is on it now, I also have a wood stock made by Bishop, it is very close to Fajen.

I am willing to consider trades for scopes, bases, stocks, barrels, for Rem 700's 300WM and 270WSM.

If not I will take $75 for the Ramline, $75 for the Bishop, neither has been bedded.

For the rifle I would like to get $600...no scope or base/rings.

The scope, base and rings I would take $115.

I would consider any trades, or offers on price.

[email protected]

Joe Oakes
30-061.jpg
30-063.jpg
Bishop2.jpg
OriginalStock1.jpg

Bishop4.jpg
Bishop3.jpg

The rifle bolts in fine, needs touch up in the bolt inlet and on the bottom metal, it doesn't have a large enough opening for the outer edge of the bottom metal. Both are only involving a little x-acto knife work, other than that it seemed to fit great, but I have not used it on the rifle only test fit it.

Joe Oakes

Has someone ground on the bolt handle? If they have I will give you a NIB Zeiss Conquest 3X9 Silver scope and $50 cash for your Pre-64 M70. Tom Mason

Not sure what you mean by ground on the bolt handle?

I don't think that anyone has, however I would like to find a higher power scope for longer range.

Thanks and I will keep mulling it over in my head though.

Joe Oakes

Will you take 500 for the bbl action the original stock and the bishop stock shipped if so I will take it off your hands. Thanks Joel

When I mean ground on--The bolt knob still has blue on it but the top half looks like it has been polished or ground down to the bare metal.

For sure: They did not come that way. If you can, look in Roger Rules book on the Pre-64 M70 or look on other forums. It will show you that the bolt should be completely blued.

Would like to move this rifle out and start on other projects........$550 for the rifle it self. $100 for the scope rings/base, I think that this will fit any M70, but not sure.

Email me or PM with offers. Still need Rem 700 stuff and Scope.

Joe Oakes

I have a NIB Nikon Monarch 3.3-10X44 A/O Matte scope with Plex reticule I will give you, plus $150 cash for your M70. Tom Mason

Rifle is traded pending funds to tom mason.

Bishop and Ramline stocks are still available, local guy backed out of bihop stock.

Scope, rings and base are available.

Joe Oakes