Pre 64 M70 CRF Magnum LA

c_bass16

I just bought, (but haven't received yet) my first action to start a long range build and before I get to far into it, I thought I'd make a return to this forum for some input and/ or suggestions.

I'll preface things by stating that my experience, while limited, has been growing exponentially over the last 3 years. I am to the point where I consider 800-1200 "mid-range" with my 300 SAUM and 210 Bergers. (Armalite AR-10T that I've dubbed, The Ultra SASS)

The plan is to build an 8twist 7mm SAUM with a 26" Shillen select match.

The action started life as a 300 WM and as such, I assume its got a .532 bolt face.

• First question...is the .534 rim of the SAUM going to fit that or does it need to be opened a lil bit?
    I'm not sure how big the actual factory bolt face is.
    EDIT:... Found the answer to this one.

• Second question...anyone have a line on a 20-30 MOA one piece rail for this action? All my research has suggested its screw pattern is different than the pre 64 short actions and the post 64 long actions.
  • Third question...bottom metal. Anyone making bottom metal for this bad boy? Or...I've considered having XLR inlet an evolution for it.

That's about all I can come up with for now.
What say you?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.