Prayers for missing Hunter in Utah

26RELOAD, GOOD INFO. THE points you make are known to me and that is why I posed the question as to how well this was being handled in UTAH. I am glad to hear that his sons feel all is being done that can be done. I also asked about trailing hounds because it is so easy to walk right by someone lost and huddled down to protect from cold. A half decent dog will alert that the person is there. DOGS are an invaluable resource in our world in so many ways but because they don't cost millions of dollars like advanced (?) tech gimmicks which often don't work as well, they are often overlooked. I wonder about the lost gentleman's general health maybe being a contributing factor here?.....BUD HOPING+++++for the best possible result. ALSO, wondering if there is any way that the family could be made aware of this online conversation pulling for there lost LOVED-ONE? 338?
I sent Brad links to my forum posts.

Bloodhound are an awesome nose hound.....but so are labs....and fhey will keep on the go as long or longer than most people...
When we bought our yellow lab for the kids 5th birthday present it was a youngster born in November...went and picked up the little guy just before Stevens April 1st birthday.....on the way home that little pup had steven crying because he was chewing on his fingers when he was trying to pet Chrly.....now...those two are almost inseparable...
It also helped playing search games between the two....Steven would run somewhere on the property and hide and after a few minutes i would get rhe dog to track him down.....the only time that dog couldn't find him was when Stevens own scent pathes crossed....so what i am suggesting....train a dog....keep him handy.....you just never know when he is invaluable.....and he or she will know what is needed....simple training....drag rags...real people....whatever is handy and fun....

26RELOAD, yes, so important to have a dog around as part of the family and most breeds can do things beyond what people would normally imagine. My last German Shepherd was an incredible tracker and hunter of all types of game. He also would 'FIND' when so directed. BLOODHOUNDS ARE incredible when properly trained at locating the lost but never sell a good shepherd or many other breeds short when it comes to finding someone. Your basic ideas as mentioned re training are valid. OH YEAH, BY THE WAY, it just so happens that that is what I did for a living for 40+ yr so maybe I am a little non objective when it comes to this subject. Every time I hear of someone missing it makes me wish that a good dog would have been quickly available. STILL HOPING FOR THE BEST!.....BUD

Prayers for the lost, the searches and the Family. Never lose faith or hope, stay strong and see this thru, no man, no brother left behind.

Being far away, Prayer is the best way to help. Dont lose hope.
Almost 2 years ago 3 of my buddies went missimg in the Prince william Soumd in AK. It was the last week in December. All we knew was their boat had engime problems and they were overdue. Me neing in MN, the only way to help was prayer. God will hear your prayers, and it helps to sooth your own thoughts. Coast Guard discobered my buddies 3-4 days later, syuck on an island, with no food.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.