prairie dogs

I would like to know too. I am wanting to plan a PDOG trip for May 2007, and I would like to go to Wyoming or Colorado. I have heard about the Rockin 7 ranch, it looks nice, I believe this Ranch is located in Wyoming.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Let me put it in a different way.
Are you looking for a guide to take you right to the dogtown?
Are you willing to split expences and or trade hunting info for a good place to shoot?
Are you hopeing someone will give up a honeyhole,for nothing?
Nothing personal,by free lunch I ment that most of us have a lot of time and $ invsted in good dog towns to be giveing them away.Between poison,plague,leases and a lot of competition its getting real hard to keep a good town.
I could give you the locations of a bunch of shot up towns but what good would that do ya?
In other words whats in it for me?

Whoa man,
I think he would pretty much split the difference. Seems like the guy wants a place to hunt and a hunting partner. It's not everyday that you run into people with our sort of interest. I tell you that if anyone on this site that was in South Arkansas and wanted to hunt whitetails I would talk with them for a while, feel them out, and if we had the same interest and the person had a good personality, I would put them on some good whitetails on our 3,000 acres. It just seemed a little aggressive on the "free lunch deal". Mach V the same goes for you and the invitation. Maybe I'm too nice of a guy, I just don't know, but it's all about finding people with the same interest. I don't want to sound like I am trying to start something, but this is just a way to meet people that like to shoot animals a long ways, and make some **** good friends.
Talk at you guys later,
Brandon

RBaker,
When I was intersted in going to KS a few years ago I started by contacting their Department of Wildlife and Parks. They told me that most P'dogs in KS were in the west part of the state and on private land. They suggested getting in touch of the USDA county extension officers of some of the western counties and ask if they knew of farmers with an abundance of vermin that might be open to inviting hunters in. I wrote a few letter, one got an answer giving me four names. Two phone calls later I had an invite. When we got there he was busy and didn't join us much but he did take us out on a dove shoot too. He also took us to a friends farm that was a "target rich envronment". We took the farmer to town everyday for lunch and gave him a $100 each for his trouble. He was happy for the company and invited us back. We took him up on the invite and had a second great time.

Maybe this would work for you in WY too.

Well eventualy when I get my boat back in respectable fishing condition I plan to try to bribe some of you fells into maybe swaping one of your big western white tails for some big yellow fins off the coast of Louisiana.

I can understand what MachV is saying , but maybe this fela is just trying to find sombody to go and shoot with rather than make a spot for himself .

Just reread my post,it come out a lot sharper than I intended.Trueth be known nothing is more fun than takeing a rookie doggin.
What I should have said is welcome to the board R.Barker,how exactly can we help you?
I doubt your gona find a lot of good doggin within 200miles of Jackson hole,never ben to Jackson hole so I might be wrong but seams to me if you did find some dogs they would be whitetail prairie dogs(a lot tuffer shootin than the blacktails of eastern Wy).
Got some good dialog goin though.

thanks for the advise guys.I did'nt mean to cause any trouble.i dont mind paying my fair share,just wont line someones pocket for a little info.not new to hunting dogs,been going to nothern Montana.looking for shooting closer to home

R Baker,
You didn't start any trouble at all. Please except my apologies for not welcoming you to this site also. Anyways, welcome and I know that Mach V didn't mean anything negative. That's what is so good about this site, people usually just talk out there problems and don't get all emotional about everything. Also, I don't know very much about the West other than it is beautiful, but from the looks of your profile, you already new that.
Brandon

Mach V

I'm looking for a "TOP NOTCH GUIDE" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
A shooting partner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
And "I'LL BUY LUNCH" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously next spring(season) I'd like to hook up with ya and watch ya shoot your 50's, and stretch out my new Wolf I've been busy at work and haven't even worked up a load yet. I'll be working on a load this winter and will be ready for spring.

Let me know if you have time, cost etc.
CAM

Cam
Best I can do is 1/2 a$$ed guide.
Darn good spotter.
I dont eat as much as I used too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Traded the 50BMG for a 6.5-284 and some cash(doctor was planning his retirement with my shoulder if I didnt)
Still have the 375/50BMG(MachV)and rumor has it Sierra is comeing out with a long range bullet for it.The 308Baer was looking promising.
As far as next spring(I should be healed by then)I'd be honored to go shootin with ya,give me a hallar.

Mach V
We might actually get along!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Pro's
Both to dumb to get out of the WELDING buisness
Both scary ugly bearded, big long range gun lovers.
Both like the best equipment and smiths!!

Keep in touch we'll make it happen next spring!

Hows the oilfield treatin ya? you run a rig or singlehand?
becareful history repeats itself and when the bottom falls out be ready. but for now enjoy the boom and make some $$$$.

CAM

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.