Prairie Dog or Chucks

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I was just curious what the longest shots anyone here had made on prairie dogs or rock chucks. Two weeks ago me and BJ Bailey both set new personal records on long range prairie dogs with 1 kill a piece a little over 710 yards. Not bad for a 22-250 and a 243 win. I just wanted to hear what other people had done or see some pics if you have them.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A bunch of us watched Good Grouper pull this one off a few months ago.
1877chuckonrock.jpg

Many of us got shots in the +490 range as well with a number of plinkers at 250 to 350 if I remember right.

Look here for the story.

My personal farthest one shot kill was at 1055 yards with my 6mm-284 using the 107 gr SMK.

Mind you I have not had much time to get out with any of my Allen Mags or 338 Kahn this summer yet but it will happen here soon, perhaps this weekend if the weather co-ops.

Looking to break 1500 yards with a one shot kill first. Thats the goal for this summer.

Kirby Allen(50)

I just barely got started in to medium to long range shooting. So don't laugh, 365 from the sitting position off a stoney point bipod. I flipped the chuck with a 50 grain V-max out of my 220 swift. I have pics but don't know how to post them.

Well, around these parts we have Gophers. The longest shot that I have a 1 hit kill is in the area of 700 yards with a 52 gr Speer BTHP Match with a .220 Swift. Killed em deader then a door nail. Not as far as some people on this forum, but I am new to long range shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.