Prairie Dog Hunt info

Where is a good place in SD?

The Rosebud Indian Reservation. Small access fee, small guide fee for the group. Lots of targets at all ranges. Bring lots of water, shade, shooting benches, rifles, ammo, and spotters. Bring lunch and fizzy adult beverages for after the shoot.

Last trip, 2 of us had 19 rifles and 17,000 rounds of ammo in the truck, from 17HMR to 25-06. Start small, work out as closer dogs learn the drill. After 400 yds. they ignore you unless you're splashing them. Don't let your barrels get too hot. (Probably only shot 2,000 rounds over 4 days, but you don't know what you're going to shoot most of.) Our hit rate was over 80% out to 600 yds, mostly wind driven.

Call ahead.

I just learned the plague got some towns. Got this from a very reliable source.
If you try this without an outfitter, it can be a hit or miss trip. You will need the Rosebud hunting license, not the state one.I hunt there with an outfitter so he's done the work of finding the good dog towns. Plus, he furnishes shooting tables and lunch ,water and takes us out there. He also has a lodge with fine accomodations and excellent food. I've done the non outfitter hunts and by far, you are much better to go with an outfitter!

I'm trying to put together a group Pairie Dog shoot in either New Mexico, Colorado or Wyoming for some co-workers and I. Any recommendations for outfitters would be greatly appreciated .

Hope you have a and or had a great trip!

On the towns I've been in and around in Montana I've seen tons of good pd action.

Come back and let us know how you did.

I'm trying to put together a group Pairie Dog shoot in either New Mexico, Colorado or Wyoming for some co-workers and I. Any recommendations for outfitters would be greatly appreciated .
Just went this year Long meadow outfitters in Colorado. Great place. Clean only people there were my group 4 guys hunted 3 days. Saw lots of dogs but some long shooting 2 nd -3rd days. Tye is the owner really good guy and we had boe as a guide. I would go back. But would also consider going somewhere else

Taking 1 of those doggies out at 600 yards with a 264wm is fun! I wish that I had more range for a longer shot. Shot it under the chin and when I got there it was gutted and ready for a hand puppet. This was in Texas on family ranch, but don't own that property anymore.

Has anybody here shot PDs in the Little Missouri Grasslands in SW ND? Considering doing a hunt there next season.

SE Montana, pretty much dogs everywhere around the Miles City area for 65 mile radius. Broadus, baker, they were pretty thick last year. Finding a place is definitely not a problem, Public or private.

I'm looking for an outfitter, who has ranches already identified to shoot at. If I was heading to South Dakota I'd take you up on ur offer, I appreciate that.
Hello I am new to forums as of today, just wanted to get on here to invite guys out to our family ranch in western SD to hunt prarie dogs. I have a nine man lodge. 100 bucks a man per night. I don't charge anything for the hunting. 6058481516 Ed ,leave a message if you don't get me.