Prairie Dog Hunt info

I am planning an epic road trip. I want to see friends in AZ, Colorado and Montana and wind up in the Dakota's. Naturally, I'd like to see all the natural wonders along the way and end up at Mt. Rushmore. This plague situation has made me realize that I am not getting younger and I really haven't been out west much nor had the opportunity to see the wonders out there. Naturally, an intense couple of days blasting dogs would be the best way to end the trip!

I've been going to S.D. for about ten years. Last few times we hunted the reservations. Last year we could not go due to the virus. Not sure what they may say about this Summer. Anyone heard anything?

I don't know about the Indians, they are their own entity, depends on which way the wind blows. Other than that everything else is pretty much business as usual.

About what the Indians might require or even if they will allow hunting this year on reservation lands.
I was talking to some folks in Faith a while back. It sounds like if you are willing to spend money on the res and stay and shoot and pay there you can get in. I am not sure about how to get ahold of those ranchers, but if you can find them and prove you are hunting with them, it sounds like you can get in.

I was talking to some folks in Faith a while back. It sounds like if you are willing to spend money on the res and stay and shoot and pay there you can get in. I am not sure about how to get ahold of those ranchers, but if you can find them and prove you are hunting with them, it sounds like you can get in.
You can always call Willie Dvorak at Jim River Guide!

Our Son is in the process of a move to UT. I have offered to drive some stuff out, to much to ship, possibly pulling a trailer. Google maps has one on I-80 through S WY.

I'm talking soon, mid April. I know this isn't the coveted June dogging time, but I'm thinking of bringing a 22-250 & minimal gear for the way back.

I've done some light research, if much develops I'll stop back for a report. For the most part the best time is when it works out, varmints are varmints. I like how WY is very dogging friendly.