Practical Range w/ This Setup

bryceh12321

Ruger M77 Hawkeye
300 Win Mag
Sightron SIII 6-24x50LRMD
Hornady 180 Gr. SST

What would you say would be the farthest I could get out to w/ this setup, and still maintain a decent amount of consistency?

Shoot it and you will find out very quickly. It has the potential to be a 1000yd rifle. In reality it may only be a 500yd rifle, or even less.
the only way to know is to shoot it..

You may need to do a little trigger work as well as have it bedded. But the only way to know how it performs is to stretch it's legs out on the range.
Let us know how it goes

Shoot it and you will find out very quickly. It has the potential to be a 1000yd rifle. In reality it may only be a 500yd rifle, or even less.
the only way to know is to shoot it..

You may need to do a little trigger work as well as have it bedded. But the only way to know how it performs is to stretch it's legs out on the range.
Let us know how it goes

+1...

A word of Ruger advice if it doesn't shoot as good as you hope at first don't form and conclusions most Rugers don't start shooting their best until after the first hundred rounds or so. Mine went +1'' new to 3/4'' at 50 or so and when I crossed 100 dropped below 1/2''.

A word of Ruger advice if it doesn't shoot as good as you hope at first don't form and conclusions most Rugers don't start shooting their best until after the first hundred rounds or so. Mine went +1'' new to 3/4'' at 50 or so and when I crossed 100 dropped below 1/2''.

You have to be kidding me. Do you know exactly why that would be?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.