Powerbelt 50 Cal ELR ballistic BC

Metzger

I am running the paramount pro in 50cal with 119gr by weight of BH209 with the Powerbelt 50 Cal ELR 330GR. What type of G1 BC is everyone coming up with? I do get a MV of 2380fps with an estimated bc of .3

About to go test them out of a rem 700 uml pushing 100gr by weight of bh209 on a nevada cow elk this weekend. We shall see!

I've never had good luck with Powerbelts on game (too fragile) and the velocity you post is far in excess of what I've seen anyone obtain, which won't help performance on game at typical ranges. Best of luck to you.

I am running the paramount pro in 50cal with 119gr by weight of BH209 with the Powerbelt 50 Cal ELR 330GR. What type of G1 BC is everyone coming up with? I do get a MV of 2380fps with an estimated bc of .3
I just spent over 45 minutes looking through some of my "SAVED" bullets that I have recovered from animals so I can show a .50 cal "PowerBelt". Hopefully I'll find some that I took out of some deer and post pictures.
I would not recommend a .50 cal Power Belt because they BLOW apart upon hitting a deer. NO RETENTION-just pieces of copper and lead). I will say that they do the job and transfer all the energy into the animal. I have shot deer at 75-100 yards and when the bullet hit, it lifted the deer off their feet and pushed them about a foot. All clean kills and no more than 10 yards drop. I was using a T/C ML Omega with three pellets of Triple Seven (150 gr) and a .50 cal PowerBelt. The company had a good Idea with the base of the bullet having a plastic collar expanding as a gas check and utilizing a .50 bullet. If I remember when they first cam out they had a sales pitch where sabot or bullets something like that were illegal in some States (20 years ago). The PowerBelts jacket just can't stay together for pentation. Would not use at distance of 200 yards especially for Elk.
Now to the point all my shots were kills, but I changed to Hornady .45 Sabot SST 300gr and got far superior results. The SSTs expanded after going through the hides, continued expanding and exited with a lot of retention. I had Three T/C Omegas ML .50 cal. Just sold one with probably less then 2 dozen shots. It shot touching holes at 100yrds and 2" at 200yrds with .45 Sabot SST 300 gr and 150 gr Trippel Seven. A Killing Machine for sure. This was about 15 years ago and never crono the loads. Shooting Deer in GA is short distance under 200 yrds so didn't have to worry about ballistics of the bullet because of short range and knew the bullet would hit.
I know now in this space age that In Line Muzzle Loaders are not real anymore. Some hunters are looking for smokeless powder, and an almost cartridge type load in an action rifle. That's not "Black Powder Muzzle Loader Hunting" Also a real big difference when you had to use a Flint Lock or Cap.
My suggestion is get a ML with Black Powder -Trippel Seven or another Black Powder, 209 Primer, and use a Sabot .45 in a .50 Cal. suggest Hornady .45 cal Sabot 300 gr SST. Awesome 200yrds + for big game! You will have a hole going in, massive internal energy transfer and big exit wound. If the animal doesn't drop in tracks you will have a short blood trail if you do your job and hit vitals.