Power Pro 4000-MR Powder

It really depends on bullet weight, type, and manufacturer. I tend to load based on the bullet manufacturer's test load as the baseline, i.e., Berger reloading published manual or technical support's recommendations.
I am thinking of trying it with some 180 Accubonds. I was thinking that may be a pretty good bullet for deer/elk.

Here's what I got from Alliant ...

Alliant 4000MR burn rate.jpg

Good results with:

.22-.250, 75 gr.
.243W , 87, 105 gr.
.300 WM, 178 gr.

As stated above, sort of like RL19. Hornady manual 10 has data.

Powder burn rate charts place 4000MR in various positions.

I've been loading for the 300 WM for a number of years. Elk Hunting for the most part. Using the Nosler Blistic tip 180gr. With 79 gr of H-1000 under and LRMag primers. Have had Real good luck. And more Elk than one should ever shoot😂😂😂. Just bought an Barguara HMR-PRO also in the 300 WM. Better shooter than the Winchester 70 featherweight. And that one was a Shooter!

I've been loading for the 300 WM for a number of years. Elk Hunting for the most part. Using the Nosler Blistic tip 180gr. With 79 gr of H-1000 under and LRMag primers. Have had Real good luck. And more Elk than one should ever shoot😂😂😂. Just bought an Barguara HMR-PRO also in the 300 WM. Better shooter than the Winchester 70 featherweight. And that one was a Shooter!
When I am able to find some H1000, I will definitely pick some up and try it!

Amazing but still 125 one pounders on site. I got 2 pounds of it when it first came out while back. Never tried it. $33 hazmat is dang high tho.
Screenshot_20210117-163017.png

Last edited:
did you get any good results with the .243 or 7saum if so what charges and bullet weights

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.