Powders

It's made by the Czech Rep. company Explosia as Lovex powders, and is listed in Quick Load as Lovex D100 instead of SW 50 BMG that Shooters World rebrands it to..... it's the exact same powder ......

I recently picked up an 8lb jug and got on Quick Load to see what it can do.... It looks like it will be an awesome powder for "overbore" cartridges, It modeled really good in the 30-378 Wby and similar case capacity cartridges, it was too slow to work well in the 338 Lapua but came across fantastic in my 338 Wolverine and 338 Headhunter wildcats and similar capacity cartridges like the 338 Raptor and 33 XC, It also modeled very well in the 408 Chey Tac, so that will kind of narrow the burn rate right at or near to the VV24N41 powder, from what I've seen by comparing to multiple powders in different large capacity cartridges

In the 300 Lapua it works with 200 gr and heavier bullets, will work with 180 gr bullets with slightly compressed load for max velocity at peak pressures.

***EDIT*** corrected to 26" barrel
View attachment 248804View attachment 248808

View attachment 248811View attachment 248812

Beautiful cat!

I would caution not to charge cases with excessively light amounts of this super slow burning powder as a possibility of detonation might happen. This once happened to me with a .25-06 using sub-minimum loads of some Hodgdon .50 BMG powder. Rare but not unknown.

Kitty is checking various handling smells from the Czech Republic to your loading bench

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.