powders to try in 300rum/180-200 grain pills

I find that the slower burning powders work best in the larger capacity cases such as the RUM. You have to try them until you find witch one works best for your cal.

This caliber is pretty new to me but I've had good success with the H-1000. Looking forward to trying the Retumbo though, all reports I've read have much better velocity, 100-150 fps more I believe.

I pretty much stick to the Hodgon Extreme powders after hearing so much about the temperature stability. The RL-25 sounds good too but can someone shed some light on the stability of that powder?

I've had good luck with Hodgdon's US869 and the 210gr VLD's. 3,200 ft/sec, good accuracy and reduced pressure from what I see. The big RUM case has plenty of room for large charges of powder.

RE 25, 94 to 96.0 grains, 180 Accubonds. I have tried this with my own and several other 300 rums and they all liked it. Some exceedingly so.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.