• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powders available at hodgdon com

They are in Australia!! Good ya didn't start bitching about the shipping rates.

T.P.

Glad I bought up plenty when obama was in power. The only thing I'm somewhat short on is projectiles.
obama was
MAD10 -- I would actually really enjoy having this convo with you over an adult beverage sometime. You're correct, there are a bunch of never ending "what if's" especially as it relates to ecommerce as it's an continually developing marketplace.

That being said, I've been through this 3x times. In most cases, cutting out the middle man is highly influenced by CFO's and CEO's with no real relationship with the consumers or the resellers. In my case, I've been the guy sitting across the table from Cabelas, Walmart, Mom & Pops, Midway, Scheels, etc trying to explain corporate decisions....and it sucks bc its usually B.S.

Is it a crime...NO. And, in some cases, there is genuine reinvestment that happens. In others, it just means larger executive bonuses. Once the suppliers realize they can set the top of market pricepoints and control supply, other resellers chase price up just enough to stay just below the direct pricepoints based on supply availability vs chasing price down when they have lots of inventory and they are competing with other resellers (under normal market condition). IMO, consumers lose this battle.

I've loved this convo and I'll be interested to see how this affects the market going forward. For now, I still encourage everybody to build those local "Mom & Pop" dealer relationship and it will help you a ton when the "next" crisis hits....and it will hit.
ihp63190 I just wrote a ridiculous amount of words that in the end said absolutely nothing (but did sound very well thought out) so I deleted them ....who has done that before lol? Come tell me you have too!! --- next adult beverage is on me!!

Best bet is to buy @ locally owned stores whenever possible...even if it's 10-15% more expensive. These mom and pops are the only thing that keep the big box, e-commerce, and DTC retailers in check.
What about 300% more?

Seldom does a local store sell for suggested retail , in Ga anyway. Unless a manufacturer requires the retail store to adhere to a price point. Every manufacturer that im aware of that sells wholesale and to the public will price at suggested retail . Hopefully, the margins are good enough when the manufacturer sets their price , that the local store can undercut the manufacturers price and still make a profit worth the trouble. If not, the manufacturer is being greedy and will be forced to sell directly to the public because local outlets will refuse to carry the product.