Powder

Like Carlos88, I been doing it for decades. When I buy more than one pound of powder, even if it is from the same lot I mix them in a large bowl and then return it to the original containers.

But then I used to do duplex loads before some of the better powders came out.
Mr. Coyle, here's a question for you (or anyone else who knows their stuff). I have read and heard many times that Win. 760 and H414 are literally the same powder. Is that true? I have partial cans of each, have had them stored in the exact same controlled conditions and would like to combine them. I value your experience (and my face!). If they look and smell the same, would you do it? Thanks. MTGEEZER

Ok….. Question? Has anyone ever taken two containers of powders, in this case Reloader 16, both new 1# bottles, but from different lots and mixed them together. Essentially making your own lot, neither of the powders have been used yet to reload. It seemed like a viable solution to todays problems, seeing that you can't buy powders in effective quantities…

Pros-Cons…? And go!

Is Wile E. Coyote still on the forum? I'd ask him.
Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.03.56 PM.jpg

Ok, Ok, just a little 4th of July humor here.

Ok….. Question? Has anyone ever taken two containers of powders, in this case Reloader 16, both new 1# bottles, but from different lots and mixed them together. Essentially making your own lot, neither of the powders have been used yet to reload. It seemed like a viable solution to todays problems, seeing that you can't buy powders in effective quantities…

Pros-Cons…? And go!
Guilty as charged!

Just don't get……stupid…..like I did and accidentally not notice and mix a pound of h4831 with 5 pounds of h4831sc!
yikes!
Talk about inconsistencies in sd!

I didn't notice until I was taking out the trash 2 days later!
It works okay for practice and my kid has won a few trophies in the precision rifle youth division, but overall, not cool!

It's funny you asked this question. I have a bunch of pounders of different powders I been collecting for a bit. I just happened onto the Reloading Daily Pod Cast with my Brother Phil from Modern Day Sniper. And they were talking about this same subject. They have people who purposefully do it and dry it so it is all at the same climate and dryness. I don't see any problems with it. So I am going to get to mixing mine as well.

Been reloading for 50 years just pour one lot to another in powder Measure on top of one lot to another never have had any problems and I do it for hunting and competition loads have a great day