• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder Valley

Yes if you look at it that way because they are orginally set up for wholesale sales and not retail. AND some of the public are finally able to get some badly needed supplies. But they could do better with prices since there is a huge markup even at wholesale level. They are not loosing money with the small amount of powder they are releasing to the public.
wholesale is wholesale what they are doing is wrong when you have gun shops that sell a product they don't have on the shelves when you have to walk in and buy it puts more of a stop on this bs of buying 10 times what you need wether it be toilet paper or reloading supplies they aren't taking care of their retailers then they go out of business then who has the market cornered it's wrong. David

I guess I should stop buying gasoline because it went up nearly $1/gal and that hurts too. I don't "need" the gas if I don't drive to my club and I could always walk to work, church and the food store.

Your logic totally escapes me.
Amish get by without gas I guess we could all cut back some David

I'll continue to support Powder Valley and WITHDRAW all my support for scalper Larry Potterfield and his company, MidWay USA. The pandemic showed us one thing; who's with us and who's all out for themselves.
Regardless of what you think of Midway, NOBODY has donated more to the "cause" than Larry. Having said that, all my primer/ powder needs will be directed to Powder Valley first.

Saw this on their Facebook page-
The battle is tough but some people just don't care. I hate it. I really do. Today we had to block a few persons from accessing our website. We also had to cancel over $20,000 in orders. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. We could have let those orders go through. But, we didn't. It cost us over $1,200 to cancel those orders. Each credit card transaction costs us about 3%. Figure in that running the card cost us 3% and then crediting the transaction cost us another 3%. How many statements do we need to put on our website? How many places do we need to put where you have to agree to the daily and individual limitations. People try to act all slick willy and figure out ways around the limitations we've placed and then act all coy like they had no idea....... Come on folks. I may look like an idiot but most of the time I'm not and this ain't my first rodeo. Heck folks, I've even had people contact me and ask for me to charge them 10% more than our listed price and allow them to purchase $50,000 to $100,000 worth of powder per month. We're not going to do it folks. I've said this over and over. We're here because we're shooters supporting shooters. We need to work together through this!
The ethical man sells the powder because the rules allow it. The Moral man does not sell the powder because its the morally wrong thing to do. There are things more important than Money. So sad so few understand that! Congrats. You are a good man.

The battle is tough but some people just don't care. I hate it. I really do. Today we had to block a few persons from accessing our website. We also had to cancel over $20,000 in orders. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. We could have let those orders go through. But, we didn't. It cost us over $1,200 to cancel those orders. Each credit card transaction costs us about 3%. Figure in that running the card cost us 3% and then crediting the transaction cost us another 3%. How many statements do we need to put on our website? How many places do we need to put where you have to agree to the daily and individual limitations. People try to act all slick willy and figure out ways around the limitations we've placed and then act all coy like they had no idea....... Come on folks. I may look like an idiot but most of the time I'm not and this ain't my first rodeo. Heck folks, I've even had people contact me and ask for me to charge them 10% more than our listed price and allow them to purchase $50,000 to $100,000 worth of powder per month. We're not going to do it folks. I've said this over and over. We're here because we're shooters supporting shooters. We need to work together through this!
👍

You have my business anytime! Thanks for looking for the little guy.

Awesome company and not too far from me. Wish I knew they had some goodies in stock though lol

Dude that's so cool we all need to stick together on this and fight the bull crap. Bet the people who are buying up the components aren't even Gun People.

Hodgdon's price is pretty fair when you think about what they have to implement to get the logistics of supplying single order powder orders compared to bulk pallet loads. That easily cost another FTE and that's why you pay a little more directly from them.
Hodgdon has to charge suggested retail price to be fair to the whole sellers and retail merchants.

And if Powder Valley added a $20 surcharge to every pound it would only hurt us, their regular customers. Scalpers would still buy all they could get and sell it on GB for $150/lb.

Larry Potterfield added about $10 to every box of Berger bullets. Did that deter the scalpers? Absolutely not. And he didn't do it to slow down scalpers anyway. He did it to take full advantage of the national shortage of components. I guesss he isn't rich enough.
Here we go let's blame Larry the new trump of shooting supplies! The blame is simply the new administration! I've herd it all from, it's about time we paid a little bit more, to it's Larry's fault. It's simple for me. if I can't justify the price I don't buy. I always look for a for a good deal. If the price gets beyond what most can afford it's not good for the sport. Any of us, including the powder company's, gun manufacturers, clubs.....I don't have any answers. I know how to blame though! And it ain't trump!