Powder Valley

Ditto
Had powder in my cart - 4831sc said update cart only 4 avail, updated to 4 went to check out and said update your cart- out of stock. Removed the rest of my items from my cart and cracked a beer!

There is powder out there, you just have to look. Right place, right time. My buddy just got me 4 lbs of H1000 @ 37$ a lbs. I refuse to pay anything over 40$. By the time you factor in the hazmat fee, that's an acceptable price to me. Anything over that is gouging. It will come back in stock. It would be a different story if the Hodgdon plant burnt down.

Can you imagine how fast the primers are going to sell when they become available? Lol
Already do

Primers drop weekly, they are just sold out before the notification system notifies anyone. I'm talking 30 seconds-1minute. Over Christmas Larry dropped bricks of Br4s and 5k cases of 205m

Up until two months ago powder was mostly available. I had to wait for powder valley to have the powders I wanted in stock, but got an order in late October for H4350, IMR4451, CFE Pistol, IMR4831, and SW4350. I believe they had H1000 at the time, along with other powders. It's all out there, just in demand at the moment. Primers I'm still buying locally, just harder to find them at prices I'm willing to pay (under $40 out the door usually). Thanks for the post, seems like we kept at least a few jugs out of scalpers hands as a result.

I love powder valley, but their filters need some work. One to hide out of stock items would be useful right now. Also, sorting projectiles by lowest price per unit like midsouth has would be nice as well.

Edit to add:
They're showing IMR4955 (1 8#, 37 1#) and IMR4451 (10 8#, 40 1#) as of 11:10 am MST.

The #8 4451 is up to $220, I think I paid around $206 two months ago. Getting good velocity in 6.5 creedmoor so far.

I went through manually and I'm seeing some 8# BL-C(2), US869 1# & 8#, H322, CFEBLK, assorted pistol powders as well. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.