powder supplies

rbcowboy

Can anybody please tell me where i can purchase some h1000 h4831 or any other types of powders good for the heavier .300 win mag bullets? i can't find any powder anywhere basically and i know this is a problem for everyone but any help would be greatly appreciated

H1000 has been tough to come by, though it does show up occasionally. It sells out very quickly. H4831 has been easier to find and tends to stay in stock quite a bit longer. I've started buying my powder by the 8 lb to help offset the cost of shipping and hazmat, sometimes getting friends involved to further defray those costs. Sometimes you can find primers in stock along with the powder and throw them into the same package.

Can anybody please tell me where i can purchase some h1000 h4831 or any other types of powders good for the heavier .300 win mag bullets? i can't find any powder anywhere basically and i know this is a problem for everyone but any help would be greatly appreciated
IMR 7828 is what works for me in belted magnums (300 Wby) and it's in stock

Others that will work are instock.

Sound like you are somewhat like me and drawn towards the hodgdon powders. I recently picked up some Reloader 22 at sportsmans warehouse because I couldn't find any h1000 or h4831sc. I honestly couldn't be more impressed. So much so, I went back this weekend and grabbed a couple more lbs. it's fast powder... And was easy to tune a load for my 300 wm. I definitely had to back off the powder charge from what quickload recommended because velocity was 250 fps faster that QL predicted, but after that, it got me a wide node in no time at .68"... So I'm very happy. This was for the heavier 215 berger hybrids.

The only negative thing I've heard about rl22 is that it varies from lot to lot, so if you grab some and like it, get back in and get as much as you reasonable can from the same lot, otherwise you might have to work up another load once you are out of your current lot.

Good luck man!

Black Sheep in Coeur d' Alene is well stocked with H1000. There were over 50 1lb'ers on the shelf this week. It has been in stock every time I have gone in for over a month now.

Marcus

I just bought a 8 lbs jug of H4831SC from Powder Valley Yesterday. $158.00 plus the hazmat.

I have (2) 8 lb. containers of H-4831sc on the way. If you have not found it yet I will tell you the dealer that it came from. Let me know soon though as this stuff does not gather dust.

............... SARGESNIPER

RCB, don't know your location. Perhaps a member could help pick up some powder locally. I saw 1 and 8 pound of both Friday at a store in Phoenix. Several forum members here are always checking shops for supplies and keep each other informed.
Good luck

Thanks guys for all your input! Cabelas did have some H1000 at their Columbus, Ohio location but they do not ship powder and didnt figure I could drag a few Lbs. of gun powder on my airplane ride back to South Dakota too easily. I did find some reloader 22 and some imr 4831 along with some cci magnum primers at Midsouth Shooters Supply. I will continue my search for some H1000 and will be driving to texas around christmas so maybe I will find some while I'm there and can save the hazmat costs!!! Either way I hope I can work up a Load with what I'm getting and can get this rifle tuned and shooting cause at the moment I'm pretty disappointed with the factory ammo results or the set up I'm using!
Regardless thanks again for all of your help and I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions in the future! Its nice to have a group of guys to come to and get answers and not get ridiculed because of lack of knowledge!!! You guys are great!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.