Powder Selection for 7MM RM 168 VLD

Savagekid

Wondering what powder would be good for the 168 VLDs. I hunt in MN and ND so the temperature and weather can be all over the board. H1000 seems like a popular powder that I want to try but have no idea how consistent it is with varying temperatures. Shooting through a 24" barrel with 1:9.5 twist.

Wondering what powder would be good for the 168 VLDs. I hunt in MN and ND so the temperature and weather can be all over the board. H1000 seems like a popular powder that I want to try but have no idea how consistent it is with varying temperatures. Shooting through a 24" barrel with 1:9.5 twist.

I have had very good luck with H4831 in the 7mm RM and 168 grain bullets for 1000 yard
match shooting.

You can also use the Newer H 4831 SC .

J E CUSTOM

H1000 is one of Hodgdon's extreme powders, Stability in wide temp swings is what it's designed to deal with, thats what the "Extreme" on the bottle stands for. and Hodgdon has done a fairly good job with making them temp stable:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.