Powder Scales

I have the A&D FX 120i and the V3 setup.
I LOVE THIS SETUP!
Very accurate and fast.
Here is a video I saw that has some good upgrades for the setup that was helpful as well.

Jim

I have V3 it works great for rifles once you use it for a while and get used to the system. I have an RCBS chargemaster which works slower but when I check the accuracy with the 120 I was amazed at how accurate it was for handgun loads

What kind of SDs is anyone getting using the V3???
I got the FX 120i scale on Thursday and on the waiting list for the V4 trickler. I loaded up 100 - my .260, SMK 142s, H4350-43.60gr with this new scale. RCBS Charge Master to drop the charge and the Dandy trickler to finish.
Shooting with holes touching @100 and out to 1K hitting the steel in same spot. I didn't put up paper to see what group size, but close enough. I didn't care for the SD - in low teens with 2858fps average.
I'll try matching the FX 120i with my Beam to see exactly what is going on. Good groups now, but would like to see one digit SDs.

What kind of SDs is anyone getting using the V3???
I got the FX 120i scale on Thursday and on the waiting list for the V4 trickler. I loaded up 100 - my .260, SMK 142s, H4350-43.60gr with this new scale. RCBS Charge Master to drop the charge and the Dandy trickler to finish.
Shooting with holes touching @100 and out to 1K hitting the steel in same spot. I didn't put up paper to see what group size, but close enough. I didn't care for the SD - in low teens with 2858fps average.
I'll try matching the FX 120i with my Beam to see exactly what is going on. Good groups now, but would like to see one digit SDs.
If you have good groups out to 1000 yards I wouldn't worry about the SDs. That's just my opinion.

I have a RCBS Chargemaster and a RCBS 1000 Beam and know some shooters' with the "Prometheus" I would like to get one of them but $5K is way too much for me. I see that there is the V3 FX-120I, AutoThrow and an AutoTrickler system out there for under $1K. Does anyone out there have a V3 and what do they think about it?

Thanks
Len

you can check out Area 419 for lab scales. I run the same RCBS set up you have. Personally, and imo if your gonna I'm something, invest in a lab scale. You don't need a Prometheus that's crazy. And from what I understand, you don't ever own it. Basically leasing it

The A&D FX 120i he just bought is the lab balance that Area 419 sells accessories for when it sits under an Auto Trickle V3.

I didn't care for the SD - in low teens with 2858fps average.
How many shots in the group? You might already be past the point that propellent mass is what's limiting your SDs before getting the FX 120i.

If you have good groups out to 1000 yards I wouldn't worry about the SDs. That's just my opinion.
Yes you are correct on that, what does it matter if your groups are good, but I like to have consistent in all phases of reloading. Several FPS at 1K is one thing, but then going out to 2K+ may make a big difference. That is where it all starts with the perfect cartridge and everyone made the same. Now I have to eliminate everything since getting this new addition and also I used some of my older stock H4350 (10 yrs old). I talked to Hodgon and they said that powder will last for years with no change as long as kept in a proper storage. I just got some new H4350 and will try that as well.
New scale, new Labradar, new primer seating system. new AMP for annealing. So several changes all at once.

Recent Posts