Powder Scales

If you need something in the meantime, the Dandy will drop single kernels of powder:

I use a US solid lab scale with one as my interim setup until the V4 gets here. Bulk drop with a Hornady Autocharge 0.1gn low (at least), move to the scale, trickle up, done. I load about 50 cases in an hour this way, which is about the most I'm willing to do in a sitting for precision stuff.

If you need something in the meantime, the Dandy will drop single kernels of powder:

I use a US solid lab scale with one as my interim setup until the V4 gets here. Bulk drop with a Hornady Autocharge 0.1gn low (at least), move to the scale, trickle up, done. I load about 50 cases in an hour this way, which is about the most I'm willing to do in a sitting for precision stuff.
Yes!
I have one of these Dandy Tricklers for years to go along with my Match Master, Gem Pro 250, RCBS 1000.
I still use it today, but wanted a Prometheus, don't want to spend $5K.
$1K for the V4 total is what I will get.
Thanks

I have a RCBS Chargemaster and a RCBS 1000 Beam and know some shooters' with the "Prometheus" I would like to get one of them but $5K is way too much for me. I see that there is the V3 FX-120I, AutoThrow and an AutoTrickler system out there for under $1K. Does anyone out there have a V3 and what do they think about it?

Thanks
Len
I have one and it is fantastic. I use the charge master to throw a charge maybe a grain or two less than the final then switch to the v3 to finish precisely. I use two identically weighted pans and while the V3 finishes the CM fills another pan. Can load quite fast once you get the procedure and rhythm down.

The V4 is not out yet. Got one on order as well hoping for shipping in the fall. Google AutoTrickler V4 and it shows some video's of his pre production model. Very slick. CE products had the A&D FX120i on sale a month or so ago. Got mine for around $515 shipped. Using my Charge Master to throw the main charge then using a Dandy trickler to come up to proper weight until the V4 comes in.
I believe the V3 is best auto trickler on the market today other than the Prometheus. The only short coming I have heard is it does not like the large kernel powders like N570.
I also have a v4 on order. Adam MacDonald (inventor of the Autotrickler) hosted a live stream demo on YouTube about a month ago on the design considerations for the v4 and did an excellent demo. The live stream is quite lengthy () and there is a shorter version demo at .

I think you will be impressed with this young man and his engineering capabilities.

I just got the v3 and it is fun obviously the v4 would be the ticket now might as well get on the wait list. Also not much different between throwing and weighing on the fx120 in my opinion. The auto thrower is fun but if you aren't careful you will throw a charge with out a pan/cup. Yes i am a total newb but i have done it a couple times. Very cool to just type in a charge on your phone and let it throw for you.

I also have a v4 on order. Adam MacDonald (inventor of the Autotrickler) hosted a live stream demo on YouTube about a month ago on the design considerations for the v4 and did an excellent demo. The live stream is quite lengthy () and there is a shorter version demo at .

I think you will be impressed with this young man and his engineering capabilities.

Man I need me one of them!

Autotrickler/A&D FX 120i, the best set up out there. Going on 4 years (2 with this setup). Loading several thousand/yr (combined) of 6BR, 6BRA, 6CM, 6.5CM, 7/300WSM, 338LM.
ES runs from mid-single to mid-teens consistently (depending on cartridge).Reliable, predictable, easy to use. The Bluetooth addition was a major advancement..

Attachments

• IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 57

Yes I really like the new set up, b
I am purchasing the V4 and on the list. I already bought the scale and should be here by Monday-Tuesday.

Last edited: