Powder recommendations

Ordered an 8 lb jug of IMR 8133 this morning, want to see if it can match the performance of Retumbo in either of my 7mm Rem mags.

We've found 8133 a bit more potent than data states. Work up slowly with it. Popped a couple primers in a magnum with it using less than max charges.

Savage 110 w/ 26" x caliber x 1:8 twist 175 eldx 62.8 imr7828ssc @2.658 to og 2910 fps please start lower & work up. This load may not work in your gun.

Just ordered an 8#er of both IMR8133 & IMR7977 to start toying with in various 7RM/.300WM rifles.

I have used IMR8133 in a couple 28 Noslers with great results already, when N570/RL33 were no where to be found.

Ramshot Magnum should shoot well. I've had good results in various cartridges with it. Ramshot powders dont seem as temp sensitive as other double base powders I've tested. Worth a try and possibly easier to find.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.